Side License Plate Mount

BWYoda

.020 Over
I've been googling like a fiend to find a horizontal side plate mount for the Roadster and came across this. Here's the link:

Horizontal Stainless Steel License Bracket

I called the company and they state that it will fit the Roadster and is mounted via the axle nut. If anyone has one of these, I'd be interested to see how you like them. All I'd managed to find previously was the vertical mount which really doesn't appeal.

Attachments

• LPBH-SS2.jpg
    LPBH-SS2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 553
I would trip over that thing every time I got on and off the bike. LOL

Do you think it might touch the ground when cornering? My center stand wasn't supposed to, but it does. Something to think about.

Speaking of which

Im having Todd @ accufast2d.net make me a vertical bracket off some dimensions and photos I gave him -- check his work out

http://www.accufast2d.net/index.php?pr=Parts_and_Signs

His prices on ebay are around 30 bucks -- Instead of paying for that stainless steel one for around 100$ decided to save myself some cash -- if it comes in and doesnt fit I'll just send it back for modifications -- will post pics when I get mines in!!!!! :)

@ Reaper - thanks for the link. I actually like the look of the convertible horizontal/vertical plate bracket. Hellfire, you make a good point I can see dinged shins aplenty and the cornering aspect was something I'd not even considered!

Im having Todd @ accufast2d.net make me a vertical bracket off some dimensions and photos I gave him -- check his work out

www.accufast2d.net

His prices on ebay are around 30 bucks -- Instead of paying for that stainless steel one for around 100$ decided to save myself some cash -- if it comes in and doesnt fit I'll just send it back for modifications -- will post pics when I get mines in!!!!! :)
If I was in the market for a side mount this is the one I'd get. Heck, screw the powder coating, hitting it once a year with some black Krylon or Rustoleum is easy peezy.

I know some states frown on the vertical, but I think they all frown on them not being lit. Have you considered how to light the thing?

www.accufast2d.net

I kinda like the curved steel vertical one myself!

Back