...shoulders of giants...

mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
Righto you blokes Avon it is....just scrubbed it in (about 150km) and have to say the front end feels heaps more grippy c.f. Metz.

Exedra Max on the rear already has 5k on it and I'm happy with it so far as a combo...good times

Front metz did 22k km and still had a few to go but the rhs cupping was causing the big girls head to shake a bit so time to change. Added a pic but it's not that easy to see the cupping

Attachments

• 20141101_134054.jpg
    20141101_134054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Hopefully my Avon Cobra will be fitted tomorrow. With regard to your wear...only on the right side? I have cupping on both sides...pretty much equal on the original Metz. Makes the front feel like it's balanced on a razor blade...dives both ways at the slightest provocation

Definitely only rhs...rear wore a lot more rhs too...attributed it too the road camber down under I reckon..plus the extended distance turning right compared to left here.

How many miles on your front?

7000 miles or so (roughly 11,000 km). Looks almost triangular in cross section...weird...never had a tire wear like that

Just done 3000Ks on Exedra Max Front (150x80x16) on Touring , still looks like new ,with Avon Cobra rear a nice combo, but will try Exedra rear to match front.

Following your logic I should have only had wear on the left. Who knows? Maybe I ride on the wrong side of the road after too much Tequila...

I'm running Exedra Max on the rear and hopefully Avon on the front tomorrow

I really don't care when they wear out, but how the hell did I wear both sides equally? I've seen HD tires that only get ridden in a straight line that are worn in the middle, but my front is about to show steel belts on booths sides and isn't yet at the wear bar in the middle. I don't ride THAT aggressive so there has to be another explanation...jus a horrendously ****ty tire?

Back