carlzbad

Standard Bore
Has anyone put shorty exhaust on their r3t
I'm about to get a 2013and was told it wouldn't fit
2nd choice might be cobra tri ovals but read they wouldn't work either. Pretty frustrated at this point and I haven't even got it home.
Any help out there?

Has anyone put shorty exhaust on their r3t
I'm about to get a 2013and was told it wouldn't fit
2nd choice might be cobra tri ovals but read they wouldn't work either. Pretty frustrated at this point and I haven't even got it home.
Any help out there?
Firstly Welcome and the answer is if you have a good Stainless Steel fabricator near you anything can be done

You can do anything with enough time, money and determination.
Buy you an extra set off ebay or someone here who has extra,
and build a custom set with the header flanges as a starting point.
Next, and more importantly,
WELCOME to both the site and the brotherhood.
skip

You'll find accesories for Rockets are a bit 'thin on the ground' as they say.. guess that's why a lot of Owners have modified or designed/fabricated parts for their machines. Good thing is they are all a little different once they have been ' made your own' .. fun part of owning a unique machine ;)... another Aussie welcome.

And thanks to all. I'm new to the triumph world. Ok now
When I hear someone write about a tor what would they be refering to. I obviously have a lot of home work to do.

Where would you have the exhaust exiting relative to the bags? Seems to me anything shorter would present a problem.

TORS are Triumph pipes that eliminate the cats. A bit louder and require a different tune.

So I'm guessing that it would the frames that differant. Looks like the motors are the same.

From the little (and mind you I'm relatively new at it too) research I've done the main differences are in the mounts. Granted I was looking at what to do with an older classic, but was wondering why some of the newer T and R items wouldn't work.
Find what you like, research the hell out of it and like the others have said, there's not much that can't be done with a little modification!!

Welcome to the group, btw! You'll find these guys have a lot of help to offer; I know I have certainly benefited!

Welcome to the beautiful world of the Rocket and congratulations as well:
You bought the best Bike money can buy........

About the Pipes:
The Loudest are those of Jardine. They give you a lot of Noise and a lot more power.
You can find them all over the Net. ( ebay - etc)
They fit in an hour.
You , like GPMaz, already said need a new Tune, that can be done by yourself as well BUT ...first you should read about Tune ECU. A free piece of software and a needed plug to fit the ECU to put the Tune in Yourself.
After that you will find that you almost need flying lessons.
If that is not enough you start removing the air inlets and the underneath air filter to replace for three KN Filters Then remove the " secondaries".
They you need to go into the flight simulator again....

It's all in here, somewhere. You only have to search for it and pick it up.

Good Luck and keep the upperside above.
Apologise for my Lunguage: I am Dutch and born stupid......

Any questions, no prob, lots of captains here who will help.
Start saving some Money for all the extra's for the Bike.

Good Luck

Hans ( NL)

Back