short vs full length levers

MikeCR

R3 n00b
Ride
2015 Rocket X #112
Looking at replacing the stock levers. My biggest question so far is short vs full length.

I think the only thing to be gained would be flexibility in throttle/brake operation without the no-no of keeping some fingers behind the brake lever. But maybe in an emergency stop some smoothness would be lost?

I'm sure some of you guys have shorties, how do you like them?

To me, the shorties reduce leverage and when trail braking with a single or double finger(s), the additional leverage and control offered with the standard length is best.
I see no real advantage with short levers as they only increase the force necessary to apply the clutch and front brake, thereby reducing control and comfort. :laugh:

To me, the shorties reduce leverage and when trail braking with a single or double finger(s), the additional leverage and control offered with the standard length is best.
I see no real advantage with short levers as they only increase the force necessary to apply the clutch and front brake, thereby reducing control and comfort. :laugh:
I agree and I have the xtra strong Carpenter springs in the modded bike those shorty levers would never work for me

I Like short on sports bike, easier to cover with two fingers, only bad point is sometimes they don't pull back far enough to engage the switch when starting up :)

Cant see the point on cruiser except for looks

I run short levers.

I have small hands with damaged "pinkies" so I end up trapping the pinkies with long levers. So I'm only using 2 fingers anyway.

Steve - I'm not that sure - I know that many stunt riders use even single finger levers - |RokOn| Rok Bagoros universal easy-pull CLUTCH LEVER

Back