Shop Service Manual, Got One Yet?

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
dickint said:
Did any of you Rocket Waxers purchase the Factory/Shop Service Manual for your Rocket yet? I was just wondering how informative it is and if it is worth the $75-$85 for the thing. I plan on keeping this bike for a long time and eventually every machine breaks or wears out. I am familiar with leaky HDs but not the Rocket yet. Should I get one or pay a dealer tons of coin to fix my RIII in the future?

I have it and it looks pretty good. I used to work on my 1970 Tiger but I wouldn't touch this thing. Too complicated. 8)

There's a lot of stuff you will NOT want to attempt in your home shop with the Rocket but the shop manual is still very usefull and it gives you a much better understanding of the workings and hence your appreciation of the machine will be better. Money well spend, I say, especially if you, like me, intend on keeping your machine a while (forever).

RiderRocketman said:
There's a lot of stuff you will NOT want to attempt in your home shop with the Rocket but the shop manual is still very usefull and it gives you a much better understanding of the workings and hence your appreciation of the machine will be better. Money well spend, I say, especially if you, like me, intend on keeping your machine a while (forever).

Yes, absolutely right !

Or a Westfalia Seperator SC150.
btd3.jpg

I bought one on cd from a guy on rat cause here in Aus. the manual is over $100. All I have learned is it would pretty challenging to do anything more than the basics - even valve adjustments looks like a major job.

Back