Shock Adjustment Tool

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
The shock adjustment tool is missing from my tool kit(2008 Touring model). I've seen pictures of it but I can't tell how it is used. I see a hole(maybe 2 holes, 180 degrees apart?)in the bottom shock collar plus the #'s 1 through 5 around the circumference. Looking in the hole I can't discern what is turned or how it works. My best guess is that the hole only provides a leverage point and the entire collar turns forward or backward. Is that right? Is there a simple tool, like a screwdriver, I can use as a substitute to adjust my shocks? Thanks. :)

You can stick a large Allen wrench in to turn it. Take weight of rear wheel first, this is a 5 position ramp style preload that turns from bottom of shock.

You can stick a large Allen wrench in to turn it. Take weight of rear wheel first, this is a 5 position ramp style preload that turns from bottom of shock.
So, am I right in thinking I won't be turning something inside the hole, instead, I will be using the hole to lever and turn the entire shock collar?

Back