Shifter for Classic

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I thank whoever did it first and posted it for me (I forget), but an alternative to the heal-toe shifter for the R3 Classic is a shifter from an older speed triple. I got it from Bike Bandit:

PEDAL, GEARCHANGE, ASSY (1391773) $86.06
CAPSCREW M6X20 (1397413) $0.74

This is what it looks like. I'm debating chopping the end piece off and substituting a Kuryakyn longhorn but this may be too bulky. As it is, the new shifter works fine.

Shifter.JPG

FYI - This is a shift lever for a Storm that I have just installed on my Roadster with Standard rails and boards.
IMG_1531.JPG

Last edited:
Your not really into cleaning your bike either hey???:rolleyes::whitstling:

Actually I am into a clean bike and hate to ride a dirty one, but not OCD about it. :rolleyes:
I have just returned from a long 2500+ mile trip and because I was instantly pressed into the duties of my work upon my return, I haven't had an opportunity to clean The Kong up yet. :(
Thanks for pointing out my bike abuse shortcomings to the world, Tony! :eek: :banghead: :roll:

FYI - This is a shift lever for a Storm that I have just installed on my Roadster with Standard rails and boards.
IMG_1531.JPG
Hey, I think I like that better. Where did you get it? Do you have a part number? Thx.

Actually I am into a clean bike and hate to ride a dirty one, but not OCD about it. :rolleyes:
I have just returned from a long 2500+ mile trip and because I was instantly pressed into the duties of my work upon my return, I haven't had an opportunity to clean The Kong up yet. :(
Thanks for pointing out my bike abuse shortcomings to the world, Tony! :eek: :banghead: :roll:
Only here to help Ole Mate....;)

I thank whoever did it first and posted it for me (I forget), but an alternative to the heal-toe shifter for the R3 Classic is a shifter from an older speed triple. I got it from Bike Bandit:

PEDAL, GEARCHANGE, ASSY (1391773) $86.06
CAPSCREW M6X20 (1397413) $0.74

This is what it looks like. I'm debating chopping the end piece off and substituting a Kuryakyn longhorn but this may be too bulky. As it is, the new shifter works fine.

Shifter.JPG
Looks great since you have a classic shifter I can say I road speedy's bike a month or so ago after he modified the heal toe shifter It was a little weird because I had to get over not using my heal. He cut the front off his and drilled the linkage hole in the rear section and mounted it in reverse so the heal part was the toe part. He did this to give himself more movement room for his foot. If you look at it you can see the rear does not protrude out as far from the engine as the front did. I must admit it was perfect for those who do not want the heal section. Maybe we can get @Speedy to post a picture for you guys. Just in case you want to try it.

Looks great since you have a classic shifter I can say I road speedy's bike a month or so ago after he modified the heal toe shifter It was a little weird because I had to get over not using my heal. He cut the front off his and drilled the linkage hole in the rear section and mounted it in reverse so the heal part was the toe part. He did this to give himself more movement room for his foot. If you look at it you can see the rear does not protrude out as far from the engine as the front did. I must admit it was perfect for those who do not want the heal section. Maybe we can get @Speedy to post a picture for you guys. Just in case you want to try it.

IMHO -
All that linkage crap just seems redundant to me!
Tis much cleaner and efficient without it.

Back