Sheepskin seat cover opinions ???

wayon

.020 Over
sheepskin seat cover 001.jpg
sheepskin seat cover 002.jpg

Have just fitted a sheepskin seat cover to try and improve that back end restlessness on the long hauls:rolleyes:, anyones opinions on the pros/cons/success or not, would be appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't leave home without my sheepskin. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer. On long hauls it's indispensable. After 2 years still looks and feels like new. Now if that don't bring out the crude barnyard behaviorists :eek:

It's a brave Kiwi that would have a sheep skin on his bike, especially if you ever bring it across the ditch. :p

Seriously though, although I'm not a fan of the look, I did ride a VTX with a seat cover and loved it (in a purely platonic way). I've also ridden an R3T and found it to have one of the most comfortable stock seats on any bike I've sat on. Adding the sheep skin must make it almost heavenly.

good wool

I have just two weeks ago picked up a "GoodWool Store" fitted cover and love it I have done many miles on other bikes with them and are worth the money to get a fitted one Goodwool also make waterproof covers for them which you can leave on while riding or just to keep dry while parked outside on trips:)

It's a brave Kiwi that would have a sheep skin on his bike, especially if you ever bring it across the ditch. :p

Seriously though, although I'm not a fan of the look, I did ride a VTX with a seat cover and loved it (in a purely platonic way). I've also ridden an R3T and found it to have one of the most comfortable stock seats on any bike I've sat on. Adding the sheep skin must make it almost heavenly.

Funny, isn't it......I have found the stock Triumph and gel Triumph seats to be the most UN comfortable I've ever used. I added sheepskin, and it gave me an extra 15 minutes before the ache started setting in again. I've now discovered that it's due to the angle created by my long legs putting pressure on my tailbone. The Day-Long I have bought has lifted me up 2" and back 2" and all the tailbone ache's gone. I don't even need to consider a sheepskin now.

Pete

I have one and move it to all my bikes. Only problem is when it rains but fast eddy fixed that with a waterproof seat cover. .

The hotter the day the better the skin works-it really stops the sweat.

I have one from Alaskaleather.com and I have an Airhawk seat "pad" that I purchased from the classified ads here and I really prefer the Airhawk but still use the sheep skin for the pillion.

The longer I ride the more air I put into the Airhawk. The adjustability suits me just fine. www.airhawk.net

I also have a lambswool seat cover and it helps with the long rides. I still have a problem with my riding position though, my hands go numb after about 15 minutes of riding. I've altered the bars and am about to order the Triumph risers. A mate told me its the position of my feet that is the problem.....anyone relate to that?????

I also have a lambswool seat cover and it helps with the long rides. I still have a problem with my riding position though, my hands go numb after about 15 minutes of riding. I've altered the bars and am about to order the Triumph risers. A mate told me its the position of my feet that is the problem.....anyone relate to that?????

See post 5 above, Al. DayLong require you to take a photo side on, and then they modify your seat to get the correct bum to knee to feet angle. If you get on the Harley site they tell you exactly the same thing which is why they carry such a big range of forward controls, seat and bar heights.

Pete

Back