Shedding A Tear For My Baby...

Death Arrow 007

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I just bought my 2015 R3T about 3 weeks ago and now -- it's in the shop for at least a week. *sniff*

It was the starter switch. Un-freakin'-believable!!! I had this same problem TWICE on my '05 VTX. Go to start it and -- nothing. Some friends and wifey and I went riding on Monday when it started acting up. The first couple times I just thought it was me not pressing firmly enough. Then on another stop about 40 miles from home, it REALLY messed with me and took a good couple minutes of attempts before it decided to work.

I took it back to the place I bought it from and they were going to fix it until they realized that the bike is still under the factory warranty. So they called the Triumph shop about 10 miles away from them which won't be able to take delivery of the bike until next Tuesday. Then they have to submit a warranty claim to the company and wait about 2 days to get the replacement part. Luckily the dealership is delivering the bike to the Triumph shop free of charge so this whole thing will cost me nothing.

Nothing except a week or more of headache and pain when I look outside and see the sun shining only to realize that I don't have a bike...

Please, brothers, think of me while you're out riding during these next few precious days... :unsure:

Anyone have much luck with the keyless ignition I read about somewhere around here?

Anyone have much luck with the keyless ignition I read about somewhere around here?

I was the first and inspiration for Ken @DEcosse to redesign his already great keyless system for use with a PDM60.
Been very happy with it ever since! @R3Tex was also an early customer and has a couple systems.
A number of others have went with it since. Have not read any negative about it.
There is a learning curve regarding how it works and what it does for us 'lectric challenged peeps.
The PDM60 is awesome as it's solid state (no fuses) and you can very easily program circuits regarding amp levels and much more.
If there is a circuit overload (never had one) an off-on of the ignition resets it.
Look into it, contact Ken @DEcosse he has much info and data and is SUPER helpful - once you learn to get past his Scottish brogue! :eek: :roll:

Well, you still need a functional starter button, the keyless just turns the power on.

Unless "starter switch" in this case means the keyswitch, in which case yes the keyless would have helped. I haven't heard that the R3T has the same problematic design as the other Rockets where the keyswitch burns out over time, though...

I was the first and inspiration for Ken @DEcosse to redesign his already great keyless system for use with a PDM60.
Been very happy with it ever since! @R3Tex was also an early customer and has a couple systems.
A number of others have went with it since. Have not read any negative about it.
There is a learning curve regarding how it works and what it does for us 'lectric challenged peeps.
The PDM60 is awesome as it's solid state (no fuses) and you can very easily program circuits regarding amp levels and much more.
If there is a circuit overload (never had one) an off-on of the ignition resets it.
Look into it, contact Ken @DEcosse he has much info and data and is SUPER helpful - once you learn to get past his Scottish brogue! :eek: :roll:

It is called the Queens English which is spoken at the correct speed, now talking to the average Yank is like listening to a 45rpm record played at 33rpm, Ken(DEcosse) is from the same part of Scotland as myself in fact we only lived about 15miles from each other.

Back