Sharkmedic

Standard Bore
I do alot of road time with my Intruder and always planned on an HD Ultra for my 50th (next year), but I'm now seriously considering the R3 Touring bike. My son has a Daytona 657 and I'm very impressed with the quality.

I've got two big Q's. 1. What is the biggest/most comfortable passenger seat available for the R3. A tiny seat isn't going to make the warden (sorry...wife) very happy. 2. I live 35 and 50 miles from the nearest Triumph dealer. Have any of you ever got jammed up on long-distance rides or service response by not having a Triumph dealer nearby. I need a really honest answer on this. Thanks! :)

I do alot of road time with my Intruder and always planned on an HD Ultra for my 50th (next year), but I'm now seriously considering the R3 Touring bike. My son has a Daytona 657 and I'm very impressed with the quality.

I've got two big Q's. 1. What is the biggest/most comfortable passenger seat available for the R3. A tiny seat isn't going to make the warden (sorry...wife) very happy. 2. I live 35 and 50 miles from the nearest Triumph dealer. Have any of you ever got jammed up on long-distance rides or service response by not having a Triumph dealer nearby. I need a really honest answer on this. Thanks! :)
Russel Cycle Products makes a nice seat for the R3. Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products

I do alot of road time with my Intruder and always planned on an HD Ultra for my 50th (next year), but I'm now seriously considering the R3 Touring bike.

You gain captain status after you buy in to the best grin a "Fat Bottom Girl" is stocked with. You're asking about dependability? Absolutely the BEST! In contrast to other rides, the harder you abuse the FBG the faster the Rocket III is capable of, very quickly. Yes, it'll cost the price of more rear skins (I'm a dark sider) but if you have the wallet the 2300cc Beast (that's a lot of ass) is your favorite ride.

Keep it nekid, bag it out...or dressed up for Touring the Rocket III is BIG grins on two wheels.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Sharkmedic. Since you have two dealers within a reasonable distance from you, your odds improve of getting better service. Just like every other brand and make dealer experiences vary from person to person. There are a few on here that are several hundred miles from the nearest dealer. And yes they have had to haul them in.

BTW hope you don't mind, I moved your post and the replies to a new thread so it wouldn't get lost in the other post.

My passengers love it

Here's something I did for my passengers last year. Nothing but rave reviews. You send them the Triumph pillion and they redo the seat and send it back with the same mounting bracket.

http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Ergo%20Pillion%20Seats

Oh, I forgot, welcome to the site

Welcome Sarkmedic. A readily-available alternative is the "Classic" saddle. In Triumph's accessories list for the "standard" Rocket. Pillions ("wardens" ;)) rate it much better than the std issue comfort-wise. Add the optional sissy bar and she'll BLAME you for having waited so long:D. Best. Jamie

There's a business in South Florida that will redo a stock seat with special fillings and wide handles. Though I've not gone there yet, I believe they are reasonably priced. Contact
PM, did'nt these folks work up a mod for your seat??
The classic seat becomes more comfortable, with seat time, for the rider; although it's still not for everyone. For the pillion rider, an alternative: Padded Panty, Padded Underwear with Butt Pads

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!!

When you say R3 Touring bike, are you referring to the 2008 R3 Touring model? If so, the other seats (Classic/Standard) won't fit. The Russell Day Long suggested earlier is considered by many long distance riders as the most comfortable seat available. Its also considered by many to be the ugliest seat ever made. However, you can't see it when you're sitting on it.

Back