Shanefish. New Zealand. Gearbox problems.

shanefish

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket !!!
Bought a 2010 Rocket3 in Dec last year. 15K on the clock when I got it, and have since added another 11K to its total mileage. Tonight, for no reasons that have me stumped, I've lost 3rd gear. No accompanying grinding metal sounds, or any other gut churning sounds of self destruction. Just the high revving sound of a disengagoed drive train in the middle of missing a gear. Coz the ****ing thing ain't there no more. I'm thinking some sort of selector problem as opposed to actual gear failure.
Would appreciate any knowledgeable input from the members.

Geez shanefish tough break.

I had a similar experience once, lost 5th gear on an old Yamaha while going to school (no time to fix it myself). Turned out to be a broken shifter in the gear box. A couple of hours work, a few small parts, and back in businesses again ! It was a cheap fix in my case....

Simple fix .. under warranty. Don't let them tell you the engine needs to come out , it doesn't. Easily accessed through the clutch cover.

Simple fix .. under warranty. Don't let them tell you the engine needs to come out , it doesn't. Easily accessed through the clutch cover.
Thanks there TOMCAT. I'll be talking with the shop on Saturday, and will let you know what they have to say.
I have two other friends here in N.Z riding rockets, and will make sure they both know about this website and the abundance of knowledge that can be had here for FREE.

Thanks there TOMCAT. I'll be talking with the shop on Saturday, and will let you know what they have to say.
I have two other friends here in N.Z riding rockets, and will make sure they both know about this website and the abundance of knowledge that can be had here for FREE.

See you're from NZ .. I asked where you were from on your other post... thought you sounded like an Aussie .Triumph Australia may be of some assistance if your Dealer don't want to come to the party. Sing out if you need a contact number for one of warranty guys at Triumph Aust, he's a good bloke that'll assist if he can.

Oh no that's were your wrong it's not FREE. To get the afore mentioned FREE information you must have some personal input.:DAnd welcome from south east QLD.

Back