Servicing 1 year in

kaivalagi

Supercharged
Ride
Tiger Explorer (2015-White)/R3R (2013-Red Stripe)
Hi All

Got a stupid high quote for the first 1yr/10K service of £280 which is just oil/air filter/brakes/basic checks, seems steep considering there is no timely things to be done really and all could be done my me (for example the valve clearance is now aligned with the Explorer at 20K miles). Trouble is I wouldn't trust any other garages in my area with the bike to be fair.

Also getting an Avon Cobra on the back as the Metz is squared off quite a bit and has made the handling a little twitchy for my liking, not illegal as yet, just losing the center of the tread, another £210 fitted

I confirmed with them that no regreasing of the drive splines is done either, I may pester them if he can do that whilst replacing the rear tyre but they were quite clear this is something they don't normally do....

The bike has only done nearly 5K miles as I've split my mileage across 2 bikes, should I be overly concerned about greasing the drive splines at this point? I plan on getting a jack / adapters for the bike in the next few months then I'll be taking wheels off myself for tyre fitting and I can then slap a little moly 60 on the splines at the same time, but that wont be for another 5K miles after the service when the rear needs replacing again.

Should I make a big deal about it, paying extra if I have to?

At 5k miles in should I be so concerned? I'll definitely do it myself once I have all the necessary gear but not for a few months and a few thousand miles more atleast

Overly concerned... no. Just be certain to lube the splines at least once every 10,000 miles. It's easiest to do this when you change rear tires, so, as long as you do so minimally at that interval, you'll be fine, Mark.:RockOn:

Back