Service for the Rocket Near San Antonio

NativeOne

Supercharged
Yesterday on my way home from San Antonio, I stopped in the shop in Boerne to check on prices for service. They quoted the 10,000 and 20,000 mile service, including oil filter, oil, 3 hour labor, all required checks, hub lube, throttle linkage lube, everything listed in the book including valve adjustment if required for right at $400.00. Just passing this along to anyone getting screwed for this service and is near San Antonio. They asked me to bring bike in, leave it and then they work it in and that way they save labor time.

The dealership is a nice, clean dealership and the parts guy is quite familiar with Triumph as are the two techs who work on them.

Native One

John, is that the one that is also a BMW dealership off of I-10W? If that is the one they've adjusted their prices. I took my daugheter's Speedmaster out there for an oil change and to check her tail light and they charged me $150. I was stunned.

BTW, I am presently in southern Utah, will be in Las Cruces NM tonight and in SA Saturday afternoon.

Gasket said:
John, is that the one that is also a BMW dealership off of I-10W? If that is the one they've adjusted their prices. I took my daugheter's Speedmaster out there for an oil change and to check her tail light and they charged me $150. I was stunned.

BTW, I am presently in southern Utah, will be in Las Cruces NM tonight and in SA Saturday afternoon.

Yes, that's the one. Their shop rate is something like $86.00 an hour labor but I do believe that they have reduced their hourly rate.

If you get a chance, stop by again on your way home! I was asked to apply for a job, like mine, the same thing, in San Antonio but there is no way I will go there, I like it here too much and San Antonio is too political in nature.

I have too much invested to leave here, time, my wife's job and besides, my bosses are just too supportive of what we do to ever think of leaving.

Native One

TnT said:
I've been using them for service and can't complain. Last time I was in, the owner, Mr. O'neal, took me around the shop and we talked about some of the older bikes Triumphs, BSAs, etc. that they were working on. They also have some nice cars running around there!.. :)
Here's a link to their web page in anyone needs it..
http://www.alamopowersports.com/default.asp

Yea, they told me some redneck from LaVernia came in there once in a while! :lol: I'll give you a shout the next time I go, maybe we can meet over there and go to lunch! :D

Native One

TnT said:
That would be cool!.. :) The Triumph Demo Truck is supposed to be there Nov 6-7th.. I'm thinking about going up there for that, although I don't know what I would want more than what I already have.. :)

Yea they told me that when I was there. If you decide to go and the weather is OK, PM me and let me know and I'll meet you there.

Native One

John, I cannot imagine you even considering a job in SA. You've got a great position now, a beautiful new house and your lovely wife would kill you.

I thought it was a very nice shop too but they really gouged me.

I'll call you on Sunday. Depending on your schedule, I might ride out to your place. I have the VStrom at our daughter's place and we'll be there for a bit.

Back