mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
My Rocket has pretty much original everything since 2004, everything still works as it should, what should i start replacing as preventive maintnence? I would hate to ride it to Nebraska and from there to Sterns and have something break down and ruin my trip:)

Detent spring
Clutch plunger thingsamaboby
Plugs
Oil
Lube splines
Crimp coil leads
Clean air filter

Check
Brake pads
bearings for free running
Headstock for wiggles
Hoses for cracks
Coolant
Brake fluid (bud light not Guinness)
Exhaust fluid

All things worth checking before a long trip if they’ve not been done in the last 10k.

Ride the baby Lupe I have 68000 miles on my 2005 all original(except exhaust and intake) not a problem until I let it sit for a year:eek: now this is taking into account that you have done the basic maintenance on the bike if not good luck on your journey.:D

Ride the baby Lupe I have 68000 miles on my 2005 all original(except exhaust and intake) not a problem until I let it sit for a year:eek: now this is taking into account that you have done the basic maintenance on the bike if not good luck on your journey.:D
Dave, everytime i go somewhere i find an excuse for @warp9.9 , @Speedy , @skydog1000 , or any other unsuspecting soul to work on my bike, basic maint has been done and oil changed at every 3k miles, i tried selling it cheap but no one wanted it so i will just ride it till the wheels fall off:D

Detent spring
Clutch plunger thingsamaboby
Plugs
Oil
Lube splines
Crimp coil leads
Clean air filter

Check
Brake pads
bearings for free running
Headstock for wiggles
Hoses for cracks
Coolant
Brake fluid (bud light not Guinness)
Exhaust fluid

All things worth checking before a long trip if they’ve not been done in the last 10k.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Can we skip a thing or 2 from that list???

Can skip it all if ya feel like.

That’s the list I’d do depending on how maintenance was kept prior to a long ride.

Im a “bit” of a maintenance Whore though.

Dave, everytime i go somewhere i find an excuse for @warp9.9 , @Speedy , @skydog1000 , or any other unsuspecting soul to work on my bike, basic maint has been done and oil changed at every 3k miles, i tried selling it cheap but no one wanted it so i will just ride it till the wheels fall off:D
I am in the same boat Lupe:( old Rockets have the resale value of a rusted out Yugo

My Rocket has pretty much original everything since 2004, everything still works as it should, what should i start replacing as preventive maintnence? I would hate to ride it to Nebraska and from there to Sterns and have something break down and ruin my trip:)
Pick a day and I'll show up and check it out. Besides I need to show off all the upgrades and improvements. Might even let you take it for a spin;);););)

Pick a day and I'll show up and check it out. Besides I need to show off all the upgrades and improvements. Might even let you take it for a spin;);););)
I have decided to trailer to Omaha since i still have hopes to go to Sterns after the fights, my bikes will spend an entire week on the trailer since it will be a very busy week and Neida can not ride until after the fights, if she wins all the way i may not make it to Sterns, if she loses sometime on thursday i can still make it, they will be fighting starting tuesday and finishing friday,:eek::eek: the odds that she will win the whole thing are slim to none since there will be extremely good fighters there and at some point she will lose, just being realistic:D
at that point, if is not too late we will head to Sterns 12 hours, will worry about the upgrades when we return home, wish us luck!!:):)

Back