Separated valve cover gasket

topofthirdgear

.020 Over
Ride
2015 R3 Roadster
I got to work today and my 2015 Rocket 3 Roadster and my whole right leg Shin was covered in oil spray as well as the whole the pipes and and side covers and the edge of the seat and I looked at the front corner of my valve cover gasket on the right side and it was completely separated there's a gap there bigger than a quarter of an inch or so where the oil where there's just no gasket they just it just pulled apart so what could cause it? And more importantly how difficult is it to replace the valve cover gasket on my r3 Roadster

Not that hard to do. Lots of threads on this subject. Mine started to leak around 15,000 miles. At 20,000 did a valve adjustment and replaced gasket. Now at 34,000 miles and no leaks. Thought maybe the factory may be screwing this up along with a lot of dealerships. Thought right. Good torque wrench required along with patience on torquing sequence. Original gasket started to leak in same area. (2015 Rocket X)

I'm talking and texting as I'm driving my truck at a stoplight right now so no punctuation I just talked to the dealer that I bought the bike from and he said that the Triumph only doesn't sell just the gasket but a whole replacement valve cover kit and that's over $300 is this the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard I can't even believe that what the hell

I had the same thing happen to me and when I went to loosten the cam cover the bolts were finger tight ....... which means whoever tightened it last (which was the dealer when they did the valuve clearence check) did not torque the bolts at all! Have had lots of problem with that dealer ..... doing my own work from now on.

Back