Tazithman

I'm not a real mechanic but I play one on TV
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket Classic touring
Owner of a relatively stock 07' classic except for radio/lights for about the last year. I have been having an issue with he check engine light eliminating but the bike never throws a code and runs fine. Checked with multiple scanners, tried multiple tunes. Even tuneecu shows that the engine light should NOT be on via dash board.

Now to the performance part of this post... I dig deeper trying to figure out why this light wont go away, I am under the tank and have to remove the air plenum assembly to trace some wires. What a friggin mess. Whoever designed that thing must be the dumbest smart guy in the room. Dont even get me started on how rediculous it is to put back together.

Anyway, I did it once and now know I dont want to do it again. Ordering K&N High Flow Air Box Eliminator Kit for Triumph Rocket III Online from Pure-Triumph.com as we speak.

Few questions for the masses, is a new tune required for high flow intake IF stock exhaust is still in place? Aaaand, it almost seems wasteful to put a high flow intake without upgrading exhaust, but from what I read in here is that most of the popular options for the classic have been discontinued and are getting hard to find. Any recommendations?

Stop your order. RamAir kit is far superior to the K&N. Take a look at before committing to K&N.
I've only read that it remains effective for higher horsepower because it's more open, but as I have no intent on building the engine this really wont apply. The foam turns me off because I have never been known as the delicate type and I can see it getting ripped up in the first year.

No it won't get ripped up at all. It is tough and won't need cleaning for some time. I have 12,000 miles on mine and I'm just cleaning it now. It realy isn't dirty at all. I just figured I should clean it as a PM item.

Just took mine off today. Here it is. Have not cleaned it yet. And Idaho is a dusty climate.

20200329_222456.jpg

20200329_222511.jpg

20200329_222521.jpg

Last edited:
Copy that, air will help and there are tunes available if you just up the air. But why stop there. Woo wee rockets are addictive. More more more
This was one of the reasons for the post. I'm having troubles finding current sources for cat delete bolt on systems that arent complete overkill like Carpenters.

Back