Securing the R3 overnight

MrPix

Supercharged
Ride
Jessica: Rocket 3 R 2500
Hi Guys,

Been looking of FB on the R3 fan group and there is a guy here in the UK getting insured and the insurers have insisted amongst other measures, that it is locked with a chain to a ground anchor whilst garaged.

I have a ground anchor in my garage, so that part is easy... any suggestions on where to put the chain (to be clear: on which part of the Rocket 3).

Further thoughts in prepraration of the arrival of my Red R3R... how do you secure your new R3 when out an about?

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Been looking of FB on the R3 fan group and there is a guy here in the UK getting insured and the insurers have insisted amongst other measures, that it is locked with a chain to a ground anchor whilst garaged.

I have a ground anchor in my garage, so that part is easy... any suggestions on where to put the chain (to be clear: on which part of the Rocket 3).

Further thoughts in prepraration of the arrival of my Red R3R... how do you secure your new R3 when out an about?

Thank you

Who in the world would want to steal that Monster?

Who in the world would want to steal that Monster?
It's to get insurance! They want a tracker fitted too... UK insurers know how theives work... the more valuable the prize... the more effort they will go to.

It's to get insurance! They want a tracker fitted too... UK insurers know how theives work... the more valuable the prize... the more effort they will go to.
Wow they must have very few claims made with preventative measures like that. Insurance must very cheap there because of that.:rolleyes:

I had my 3rd bike nicked in 1983... insurance didn't pay out because it was not secured to an item of road furniture! It is illegal in the UK to secure a motorised vehicle to an item of road furniture by the way!

That's my point. I am sure you pay plenty and still they place even more burden on you , the customer.
Life's like that! There will be all sorts of get out clauses in any insurance policy, the easiest claim for them to get out of is theft. Fire is pretty undisputable and accident is usually somebody's fault that can be argued to a point. They've gotta make their bucks somehow...

I hope you find the answers that you need. I’m sorry if I sounded like trouble making.;)

Back