Wildy

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket R3 2500
Picking up my new R3 in a couple of weeks. Curious to know how best to secure the bike to a ground anchor inside a garage. Looking at the bike there doesn’t appear to be a lot of space to get a chain through.

Hello Wildly, I first wonder why you want to tie your bike down in the garage? Is the kickstand not enough?

I looked back at the pictures of the two bikes I test rode last weekend and see there is plenty of room for a strap around the handle bars on each side. I'm not sure I would use a chain though.

If I was moving the bike by trailer, (God forbid) then the back end could use the passenger pegs or maybe even the rear wheel.

I hope this helps some at least.

Hello Wildly, I first wonder why you want to tie your bike down in the garage? Is the kickstand not enough?

I looked back at the pictures of the two bikes I test rode last weekend and see there is plenty of room for a strap around the handle bars on each side. I'm not sure I would use a chain though.

If I was moving the bike by trailer, (God forbid) then the back end could use the passenger pegs or maybe even the rear wheel.

I hope this helps some at least.
The question is to prevent theft.

The question is to prevent theft.
Now I understand the chain.

Theft is an issue here too even with the thought of the thief being shot (not a jab mind you). The fast grab and go tactics have worried me for years as I do not have a garage for my bike. Instead I rely on insurance if that happens and try not to stress over it. Of course If I were there when they strike, I may have a word with the thieves first...

Of course If I were there when they strike, I may have a word with the thieves first...

Beware all those tempted to take from Boog...he will have a “word” with you :roll::roll::roll: WWE style, for sure!

@Wildy Triumph does offer an OEM anchor point that is mounted on the underside of the engine. Have you looked into that? Otherwise you might be able to fish a chain around the rear swing-arm just aft of the rear shock adjustment knob.

Beware all those tempted to take from Boog...he will have a “word” with you :roll::roll::roll: WWE style, for sure!

@Wildy Triumph does offer an OEM anchor point that is mounted on the underside of the engine. Have you looked into that? Otherwise you might be able to fish a chain around the rear swing-arm just aft of the rear shock adjustment knob.
Thanks

i think Wildy has a good point..if you have your bike anchored it not only will take the thieves longer to wrestle it free therefore risking getting caught, but your insurance company knows you have at least tried to secure it best you can. Insurance companies seem to search for loopholes to avoid paying you out.

Good disc brake locks will make it harder (and noisier) to steal:
Nothing is 100% secure though - if you have any worries at all, get full coverage. Markel did right by me.

Back