Slim Pickens

.020 Over
Ride
2022 triple black
Looking for some knowledge, just wondering What I gain by removing the secondaries? (no matter the method) 2017 Ramair, DP outlaws, PCV soon to be dyno tuned. Many thanks in advance.

Looking for some knowledge, just wondering What I gain by removing the secondaries? (no matter the method) 2017 Ramair, DP outlaws, PCV soon to be dyno tuned. Many thanks in advance.

The answer is in your name - Slim Pickens;):p:D

On the later Roadsters and other models, you can open them up 100% using Tune ECU, as many do I believe.

I am no engineer but I reckon they are there for a reason and do not believe once opened up they cause any issues and on my Roadster will stay.

I have the same set up and removed the secondary plates completely , it certainly makes throttle response snappier and reduces the urge to fall over the handlebars on deceleration !
With the outlaws , throttle response is more akin to a two banger . Fast !

Mine are still installed and open 100 percent. Asked Hanso about this. He said no problem. Must agree works rather well.
The answer is in your name - Slim Pickens;):p:D

On the later Roadsters and other models, you can open them up 100% using Tune ECU, as many do I believe.

I am no engineer but I reckon they are there for a reason and do not believe once opened up they cause any issues and on my Roadster will stay.
Blew a 120 r Harley away. No effort at all.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Was told removing them will give a crisper initial acceleration when snapping the throttle open. I set the secondaries up at 100%, plates installed, and noticed when rapidly opening the throttle in 4th or 5th gear I still got the same slower initial acceleration as I always had. Now with them removed, seems to immediately respond. Try your bike with them installed and you'll notice when opening the throttle up in the higher gears, you can feel a slight delay before the acceleration takes off (actually slower acceleration before massive acceleration). It might be just be in my head but I am leaving them out as it makes me believe I am going faster.

Just ask the Guys down in Leaky when the BMW tried . Opened her up. No delay. Recently opened her up on a 120r Harley fat bob.No delay just flat dusted his #ss. Hanso"s tune,Paul's full exhaust and Ramair. Bike has no delay at all. At 120 Mph let the 120r catch up then hit it hard. 35,000 dollar motorcycle got blown apart by a simple Rocket X. Oh the shame. Loved it.

Back