Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
Does anyone have a more comfortable seat than stock for a 2006 classic? The minister of finance has approved some budget to make her more comfortable but I'd thought I'd look here first.
Corbins are available here in Oz but at $1000....ouch!

I have a Corbin dual heated seat I can sell you for less than half retail.
AU$575 + actual postage.

A Corbin Dual for R3's with heated seat would be well over Au$1250 delivered here in Oz now.
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III | 800-538-7035

#T-R-3-DT-E Dual Tour w/ Heater, 2004 - 2017 Triumph Rocket III US$763
With currency conversion at CC or Paypal rate of 0.74 to the Au$ these exceed Au$1000 before shipping, 10% GST and Customs Au$100 processing charge. Customs include the purchase AND shipping cost in the GST calculations and depending on currency fluctuations can be even more as they do the conversion when they process even if it was month or more since you paid the order - ask me how I know all this! :(:banghead::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
Corbin will not ship the cheapest method either and you wait months for the order to be filled too. I think you would be lucky to get it new here now for even Au$1400.

Electric Heat
For those chilly mornings

As an option on many of Corbin's Touring Class saddles, electric heat provides a very nice way to raise your riding enjoyment when the temperature drops. On these models, the heaters and required controller come preinstalled on the saddle. We include a wiring pigtail that integrates with your bike's fusebox or directly to the battery and provides a quick disconnect for saddle removal.

Operation of the heater(s) is handled by a switch built into the left side of the saddle where you can reach it without removing your hand from the throttle. Just flip the switch and start enjoying the warmth! Heater will run for one hour then shut itself off automatically. If you're still riding, just flip the switch off and back on to reset. Remember, heated seats require a stitch pattern in the seating area to conceal the heater elements.

It has the front drivers spigot and a bolt on bar for the rear pillion portion mount.
I'll throw in a leather/vinyl repair kit. ;):D
Many swear by these @HansO had one on his now departed 'Mistress'

R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 1.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 2.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 3.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 4.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 5.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 6.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 7.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 8.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 9.jpg
R3 Corbin Dual Touring heated 10.jpg

Last edited:
My other option for you is a Triumph rider and separate pillion in Gel. These have a much wider rear pillion seat than standard two part pillions and both pillion and rider seats are much better than standard. Despite the 'Touring' in the name this is for R3 Stds, Classics and Roadsters.

TOURING GEL SEAT
- RIDER A9701142 and Pillion A9701143

R3 seats Rider and Pillion gel (2).jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-25_10-50-32.png
    upload_2018-3-25_10-50-32.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My other option for you is a Triumph rider and separate pillion in Gel. These have a much wider rear pillion seat than standard two part pillions and both pillion and rider seats are much better than standard. Despite the 'Touring' in the name this is for R3 Stds, Classics and Roadsters.

TOURING GEL SEAT
- RIDER A9701142 and Pillion A9701143

R3 seats Rider and Pillion gel (2).jpg

I have these sitting in the garage gathering dust.

Came with the beast when I bought it.

Think I like the all in one seat that I have on it more.

But only having put 10k on it in a year maybe it's time to try the other for a year now.

I have these sitting in the garage gathering dust.

Came with the beast when I bought it.

Think I like the all in one seat that I have on it more.

But only having put 10k on it in a year maybe it's time to try the other for a year now.

And provide a comparison report - they only take a minute or 5 to swap out.

I

I like the look of the Cordin...do you think the damage is repairable?
Sure cheapest with a vinyl/leather repair kit I can throw in but they are not visible when fitted anyway. If not satisfied with outcome a leather patch could easily be contact cemented to cover. To make it neater you could use a strip of soft leather glued on the entire bottom edge. I can provide a soft upholstery leather to do the job too for the price (and which I have yet to name;):D).

AU$575 + actual postage. (This is a very heavy seat so will likely a be minimum Au$50 postage and it cost me $86 in post with insurance just to receive it.)

I even have leathers to recover the whole thing if you wanted to go that route. I have quite a few options in plain black, crocodile embossed patterned black or red and a few others including a couple of beautiful lizard patterned leathers in black and couple of browns too. That would be extra but I would have to see what the leather is worth these days. I am not an upholsterer but could get a local to do it using my leather which would still be less than buying new from the USA I imagine. there is also a world renowned m/cycle seat upholsterer nearby, MJM Custom Seats in Goulburn but I have no idea what he would charge to use my own leathers without any other seat modifications which he normally does.

@HansO had his Tiger Explorer done there recently and was delighted.

Best $550.00 I have spent in a long while

I can possibly supply a basic Corbin fitting aftermarket backrest which could be used front or rear.

I have another Corbin Classic Solo on my bike now and another Classic Solo on the way which also appears to have similar damage as this Dual Touring. In fact every Corbin I have now or have had second hand have similar wear.

That is so far a BMW R100/7 dual, an R3 Fastgun Solo, two Classic Solos and this Dual Tour.

Hanging out for my used Russell Allday Solo to show up which may supplant them all on my Roadster.

Last edited:
My brother from another Mother is the Steptoe&son of the Rocket World:D

I just missed out on a complete 1976 BMW R100RS last night with my AU$2177.77 sniper bid. A bloke outsniped me and got it for Au$2202.77;):(. It was just near my veteran and vintage bike collecting Uncle in Melbourne who has a big garage /sheds and enclosed Toy trailer to pick it up with!!

I'm sure I would have had most of the spare BMW parts to fix it already too, like heads, barrels and pistons to start with.;):D

BMW R100RS > for restoration, wreck or repair. 1976 Model All genuine &complete | eBay

Back