Seat Release cable problems

martyn

.020 Over
I had to take my seat off yesterday to fit K&N filter & the key wouldn't turn & the seat wouldn't come off :shock: After a bit of pushing, pulling & twisting it finally came off :D
What I found is that the cable had popped out from it's clip holder near the lock.. it is only pushed into a plastic clip & it had enlarged with heat & use. cable tied it & it is now fine but it looks like a a weak area, should have been a metal clip IMHO. My Son who works at the local dealership said most bikes have a metal clip as plastic warps & it would be very difficult to get the seat off if it had continued to pop out :!:

Might be worth checking yours as well, just in case

step1 said:
Have you noticed any differance with the KN

yeah it seem to be a bit more responsive on the throttle & the noise is better when you open it up & it starts to suck more air in :D .. still want to go down the super charger route one day.. now that is a nice sound :D

martyn said:
step1 said:
Have you noticed any differance with the KN

yeah it seem to be a bit more responsive on the throttle & the noise is better when you open it up & it starts to suck more air in :D .. still want to go down the super charger route one day.. now that is a nice sound :D

Mines sat on the shelf . :?

Back