Bulletproof

.020 Over
Hi Guys. I have a 2007 Classic with the "Tourer" package. The previous owner has installed a Corbin dual tour saddle which is mounted with a different bracket than the stock seat. He has also provided me with the original seat and a Triumph gel seat. I want to try the gel seat as I'm not happy with the ride over sharp bumps even after installing new Hagon rear shocks. I have two seat "pans" ?? and I assume they are for each seat. It appears to me that I mount one to the rear of the seat opening and it sits on the rear fender as support? What supports the front of the gel seat near the tank? Am I missing a bracket? Hope this makes sense.

The front seat tang slips into the rear tank mount and back has a pin. The passenger seat has two bolts that mount it under the seat to the fender bracket. If it's been seriously altered... I don't know what to tell you without seeing it.

My Corbin Young Guns Saddle mounts right to the factory points, with larger Corbin seats they typically just add a bracket to the rear seat mounting points.

I suggest you go to Corbin and get the original mounting instructions then reverse engineer them back to stock.

I don't see how ... it IS the gas tank.

The tang slips under the bracket that's welded to the tank. The tank has a a horizontal flat metal part that the seat slips under right at the rear of the tank just above where it's bolted to the frame. That's the best I can do, if Corbin has different mounts than the factory seat then they were ADDED to the bike. If your factory seats were altered and parts removed from them you might not have the pieces needed to attach them.

You should look it up with an online manual or Corbins install instructions.

I wouldn't think that the 2007 classic is all that different from 2008, but it might be. Look up the manual specific for the year just in case.

Does your factory seat have a pull ring on the seat or a pin? Does the bike itself have a key operated seat release on the back of the right side cover or an upright pin behind the battery?

I cannot get a ride I'm happy with. It's kicking the crap outta me on sharp bumps. These Hagons were $500.00 and are supposed to be one of the best sets of rear shocks. I think I'm going to take the bike to a suspension shop for set up. I may need to also look at replacing the front fork springs.

Back