saboteur

Turbocharged
Hey guys,
I bought a nearly new comfort tour seat from the site early this year, and never bothered to check fitment. On the tag under the seat is A9700186, and under that 23-07. This is a two-piece unit, one piece seat, with back rest, and a bracket for mounting. The bracket works just like the passenger pillion but has the sabre coming up off it which locks to the rear portion of the longer seat.
My Rock is a July 04 built beast. The rear sabre looks to be about 1/2 inch too far rear to engage the seat lock.
Have I got a seat for some other beast? It's supposed to fit the Classic, which is near enough the standard that I expected no troubles.

Just got off the phone with my dealer.

Get this, the "guru" there said that Triumph "tweaked" the frame in 08, and that was likely the issue. Anyone hear of some tweaking going on in the classic/standard years?

And customer service Triumph USA has no record of the part number. The seat came off a classic. If I cannot make it fit my early 04, any takers for a next to new seat?

There are marks on the seat latch indicating it was installed and worked properly:(

Back