DRMD421

Nitrous
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring
Read all the debate on another thread about battery preferences and decided to give the Scorpion a try as per tdragger's advice. That stock battery didnt last long. I will report back after I give it a try tomorrow...

Lots of good advice on this site and it's appreciated!

Attachments

• IMAG0394.jpg
    IMAG0394.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 137
Got a year out of the Scorpion. Time to try something else. I'm glad I posted this last year so I know how long it lasted.:D

Me too, Skip. Didn't help this one. Started noticing it was getting weak a couple of months ago. It finally gave up the ghost when I went to leave work today.

uuuummmmm??? what the **** are you guys doing to your batteries? Is it normal to go through them like that or are you guys powering your house off them:confused:

mmm...something else is at play here. I'm on my 3rd winter with the Scorp and no issues.

Sorry that you are having troubles. Perhaps you should look into the various proposed mods to help the starting situation.

mmm...something else is at play here. I'm on my 3rd winter with the Scorp and no issues.

Sorry that you are having troubles. Perhaps you should look into the various proposed mods to help the starting situation.

You may be right. Never went through this many batteries and been riding for a long time and lots of bikes. Almost due for my 20k service so I'll get them to check out the charging system. I only use the tender in the winter for the most part but my bike never sits for more than a week year round.

You may be right. Never went through this many batteries and been riding for a long time and lots of bikes. Almost due for my 20k service so I'll get them to check out the charging system. I only use the tender in the winter for the most part but my bike never sits for more than a week year round.

Same here. Only tender in the winter and ride regularly.

Do you have the alarm system or something else that might be a draw on the battery when the key is off?

Only the new GIPro, but was having trouble before that. The stock battery, I ruined myself by leaving the lights on for 6 hours so that makes sense to me. It is possible to get a bad one every now and then so maybe that's all it is. I'll be getting a new one today so we'll see how this one works out.

Back