Scootworks Trunk

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
I was over at the Triumphrat.net site and spotted a thread that perked my interest. Xchopper had gotten a trunk with a seat rest for his wife and it looked pretty sharp. This trunk looked like it would be at home on either the Standard/Classic Rocket and I imagine with a few modifications could easily fit the R3T.

So Xchopper, I checked the Scootworks site and saw different choices for different bikes but none for Triumphs. Could you elaborate a little on which trunk you used and the adapters, etc. that made it work for your Rocket?

If you checked my photo album on this site you'll see that when I took a trip last year to Key West I used the T-Bag set up, which worked fine for the trip...but it was a little "tall" not that it affected handling or anything. I like your trunk set up because I would be able to leave that on around town (whenever I'm stateside that is) and it would be overall more useful.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can give me in advance.
(Yes I did cut and paste the bulk of this as I didn't know how often you checked out the other site).

Dennis

17 dtg Dubai
18 dtg Home

Last edited:
I like that way that one looks on the bike I even considered giving it a try, I love to tinker and figure out how I can get things to work the way I want them to, it should be easier on a plain r3 you dont have to worry about the hard bags. It may be time for some one to develop a bag just for the rockets that wont cost a allot I havent had a chance to inspect what the trunks look like underneath and how they fit but it should be a simple task the hardest thing from looking at the photos would be the spacers I am also doubting the need for such a large mounting plate as shown in the photos.

any pics?

Does anyone have pics, or links to show those mounted?

Molino, where in the on the rat site are those pics... I cant find them.

Does anyone know how well the paint matches to original Triumph colors?

It's under the "Search for the comfortable seat thread" on the third page. Xchoppers is talking about his new seat for his wife and that is where I saw the trunk. It's by Scootworks and I think they make like three different sized trunks.

As for the one that Cane Corso has that is the first time I saw that one.
Dennis

16 dtg Dubai
17 dtg Home

HeR3tic, didn't get any PM, the trunk in Cane Corso's pic is a Mutazu trunk they looked pretty decent as well. The one that Xchoppers has is a "Harley" like trunk in that it opens from the side, comes in black only (but ready for painting) and it appears that I would have to give up the sissy bar and pad if I got it (not necessarily a bad thing...something else to sell). The Mutazu almost looks like a smaller version of the Gold Wing trunk especially the lights (GW pre-2006 like). And it appears that it is cheaper...I mean "less expensive" as we used to say in the financial services world as far as dollar costs go.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go either route but at least they are out there and can be considered as different choices than just the Corbins and Givi trunk types.

Dennis

16 dtg Dubai
17 dtg Home

Sorry Molinoman, wasn't tawkin toyah:D I was commenting on Canecorso's artwork.:bch:

I have to have that trunk! I'd get rid of them fugly turn signals and gawd awful plate hanger faster than Congress can dole out taxpayer living standards.

Then I'd really be showing my ass. The darkside is where "smokin a fatty" really means something:D

Last edited:
Back