Scheduled Maintenance

Emiel

.020 Over
Ride
R3R
Did mine after 1,000km, am now at 5,600km and my dealr suddenly says "It’s normally 800km then 3k then 5k"
Manual is clear: first one at 1,000km and then 16,000km - 32,000km - 48,000km and so on.

Just wanna make sure no warranties are voided. Any comments?

@Emiel Stay with what the manual says. Remember that most dealers make their money on after the sale service. I support my dealer this way for stuff I don't want to work on or items that are beyond my ability. However, scheduled maintenance is not something I take to the shop for anymore and stick to the schedule in the book.

Yup, some bike dealerships are just like car dealers. They pad the service requirements. With that said, like many I changed oil at 5k miles rather than the 10k specified in the manual.

Seems to be a labor free - materials payable extra service by the dealership. Have not received reply on using the Rolls while servicing the bike.
Case closed.

I did the 600 mile oil change and will wait for the Triumph recommended 10,000 mile interval for the next one. Why in the world would Triumph reccomend that interval if it harmed their engines in any way?

Back