captain jack

Turbocharged
Just been into the garage to lock up, why is it that when I see my Rocket sitting there I get a smile on my face & a warm feeling inside. My wife tells me that I am always in a better mood when I've been out riding, funny thing is though she doesn't send me out every day, so some days I am just plain grumpy, but in a good way. I think the neighbours are worried about me as every time they look out they see me stood around the bike usually with a cloth in hand & grinning like a Cheshire cat.:D

I was concerned you might be using that rag for something other than polishing, oh wait, that's polishing too. Never mind.:rolleyes:

I think it's just the knowledge within ones self that sitting there before you,
is the most awesome bike the planet has ever known.
That when you throw a leg over your mount, the "real" world with it's problems, hypocricys,
and bigoted attitudes just fade away in your mirrors.
the bills don't matter, the health problems don't matter, the lies and deceitfulness
of this "real" world just fade away into nothingness as your speed climbs and the wind takes your cares away.
or maybe i'm just a dreamer, but it works for me..;)

Hey Jack
I understand what you mean..i often find myself standing in the garage looking at this
unique bike that we all have a passion for
At first i used to think it was because it's british..but when you think about it there are
guy's on this site from all around the world who have a passion for this bike as well, so
what's going on
For me it's about the character of this beast and the sheer presence that it has and
each time i take it out it feels like an occassion..not just a ride out
It doesn't matter where this bike is parked and what other bikes are near it gets
lots of attention
My neighbours smile at me when they see me laying on the ground washing the
underneath of the engine and the inside of the fenders :eek:
But i plan on having this bike a long time..so i'm going to take care of it ;)
I wish you all many happy safe miles..on our beloved ROCKET

Ray

Hi, my name is Phil and I ride a Rocket III...

On some evenings I just sit in the garage across from my Rocket and enjoy a beer while just looking at her. It makes me feel good while I have a dumbass grin on my face. I'll sometimes grab a cloth and windex the wind screen. Other times I might just st and daydream about riding her hard.

My name is Phil and ride a Rocket

Yup, and the cool thing is knowing that we are in good company. Otherwise I might worry about my obsession. Keep on smiling.

Back