Same Ole Story.. Nuthin' Ever Changes

DHarvey

.040 Over
Ride
Traded original 04 RIII for R3 GT Grey
In 2004 when I bought the original R III I participated in several Rocket forums and during that year we all decided to have the first 'Salvo'(hint- a gathering of Rockets) which was held in the summer of 2005 up here in the Adirondack Mtns of Upstate NY. During that weekend of laughs, crazy riding, and drankin' we realized that we all were experiencing similar situations at gas station stops and elsewhere with people asking us fairly similar questions or making similar comments.

Copying from Johnny Carsons Amazing Kreskin where Johnny would first give an answer and then Ed McMahon would ask the questions, my wife had some business size cards printed up which we handed out at the second Salvo (I think it was in Pennsylvania) and they were a great hit with the Rocket crowd. We gave a bunch out so our crowd could hand them out to onlookers and curiosity seekers at gas stops. Well the other day I was cleaning out a box of old motorcycle gear (you know the 12 jackets you never wear anymore, the rain pants that 'usta' fit you before you gave up dieting, the one lonely orphan glove) and lo and behold what do I find at the bottom of the box but one of these now rare collectors item cards she had printed.

So for your reading enjoyment, here's what's on the card verbatim:

- Yes, it's a Triumph
-Yes, They're back in business
-Yes, It's FAST- 2300 cc
-No, it's a 3 cylinder
- $16,000
- YesI know you had a Bonnie in the 60's...and your point is?

And now in my second riding season with the Big Brother 2500cc R3 GT, I keep getting the same old questions and comments--nuthin' changes my brothers :)

Last edited:
Aahh the good ol' days. This is my 11th bike in 15 years, but it is the only one that always draws comments from people passing by. I love it!

Back