Samco still dripping

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers
I'm still getting drips after I run the bike and it has sat for a while from the big hose. It's tightened and the clamp loosens if tightened any more. Do I need a clamp that will tighten more. This is the only one that leaks. Thanks.

20200604_204802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get the proper SAMCO clamps? - cheap clamps will eventually cut into the silicone.

That hose looks NOT to butted up 100% against the stub. Silicone hose also are very fussy and need a perfect parallel seal. The bag the hoses came in had tightening instructions on the back. And they matter. You have to tighten to specified torque - leave and retorque.

Simple solution - Add a second hose clamp.

I had issues at the top end of that hose. imo it is a fraction short - maybe 3mm.

If you can butt to end like barbagris says and move clamp more towards the bulge on inlet tube ? The small clamp looks perfect you csn see that bulge the top one doesnt look like its at bulge and it looks cankered closer to bulge on bottom then on top by a very little but i cant see bulge like bottom hose? No bulge at top?

Attachments

• 79037DE7-5CA0-4175-834E-2CBBDFA6CF11.png
    79037DE7-5CA0-4175-834E-2CBBDFA6CF11.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If the hose clamp "gets loose" when you tighten it more, you've stripped it out and will never hold right. Quality hose clamps make a world of difference.

If the hose clamp "gets loose" when you tighten it more, you've stripped it out and will never hold right. Quality hose clamps make a world of difference.
Darn good idea. I found that particular hose to be to short probable could have had 10mm on each end of the hose. I must admit I did not use a torque wrench on mine just tightened it up by hand ran the bike to heat it up. Then shut her down and snug the leakers up. Which the only one that was dribbling was that upper radiator hose that in my opinion was short. It looks like his hose clamp is on cockeyed as mine was and dribbled. Had to take care of that one first so it went on the thermostat housing straight, then did the top. It was kind of a pain as the hose was short. Anyway si far so I'm good and not piddling. I will say though if I had to change hoses again I would use OEM as mine lasted 13 years even being removed and put back on numerous times. In doing this I have also decided to look at adding the cowl in front to help protect things from road stones.

Did you get the proper SAMCO clamps? - cheap clamps will eventually cut into the silicone.

That hose looks NOT to butted up 100% against the stub. Silicone hose also are very fussy and need a perfect parallel seal. The bag the hoses came in had tightening instructions on the back. And they matter. You have to tighten to specified torque - leave and retorque.

Simple solution - Add a second hose clamp.

I had issues at the top end of that hose. imo it is a fraction short - maybe 3mm.
These clamps came with the Samco hoses.

Back