Saddlebags, anyone used these ?

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Due to the rarity, exorbitant price and fit issues with Corbin Beetle Bags, I'm exploring other options. Don't get me wrong, I like the the Beetle bags, but have never liked the way they fit with the Maddog exhausts. The Beetles angle up towards the back to match the up sweep of the stock exhaust. Because the Maddogs run parallel to the swing arm, it always looked odd to me from the back. I'm looking at these bags from Tsukayu. I can get a set of them in fiberglass, primed and ready to paint with all mounting hardware for about $700. They also make some nifty chrome accessories for them. I can order them "un-drilled" so I can set them to match my exhaust. They have 10 liters more storage space than Beetles. Has anybody used these ? If so what did you think of them ? I kinda like the trunk too but the misses doesn't like the wrap around backrest.

BAGS.jpg

PICT2378.JPG

I am with you on the beetle bags over priced and all :)
Them look pretty good my first thought was I wonder since you can get them undrilled if they would mount on the OEM leather bag rails ? Could be worth looking into.

I got some used and scratched Tsukayu 'Strong' cases with the inbuilt LED blinkers and Rocket 3 mounts, they are the size down from the 'Strong Jumbo' versions. They will need repainting/skinning but for AUD$124 (US$95) hard to complain and they are now at my painter 3 doors down the street getting repainted Phantom Black.
New Tsukayu bags & flyscreen!

They appear to be very well made and strong with quality latches and two simple and solid mounts that I will probably not use as I have polished Stainless Steel @Mittzy Easy Brackets to fit. I have US made black mild steel Easy Brackets on my Triumph leather bags but one of the rear tabs near the lock has snapped off and needs re-welding.:( I have them attached to the stock pannier frames with the chrome cage rails as well. Not that I carry heavy loads either.;):rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling:

Are yours the plastic or fiberglass ones ? I'm thinking of getting the Strong Jumbo in fiberglass.
Fiberglass.

Did you look at the photos of mine with inside lining and fittings etc. in this thread?

New Tsukayu bags & flyscreen!

The thread OP @geneseo1911 has some nice photos of his mounted as well.

I've never been happy with the leather bags triumph makes available. I love the Corbin bags, but they are just too expensive. After doing a lot of research, I read several positive reviews of Tsukayu brand bags. I ordered the 'jumbo strong' in gloss black fiberglass. If I was to do it again, I would choose the regular model add the jumbo are pretty big.

All in all I'm pretty impressed. The finish on the bags and brackets is flawless, and the hinges and latches are very nice. The insides are nicely finished with carpet, and the fiberglass is thick & strong.

Also picked up a flyscreen on ebay; between the two changes she looks like a new bike. Pretty pleased with how it turned out:

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Someone has posted previously that they regretted getting the Strong Jumbo ones as they are too wide when mounted. I think the Tsukayu website, or a thread here says some of their versions also says some are unsuitable as they sit very high with the top lids higher than the seat.

Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

Last edited:
I have Corbins only because they came with the bike, would not have sprung for them if paying separately. The Tsukayu’s seem to be a great value with many fitment options and sharper pricing.

Back