Saddlebags and Easy Brackets

VictoryDaveAZ

.020 Over
Just got some Ledrie Rigid Back Leather Saddlebags and Easy Brackets. Was wondering how high the bags need to be above the exhaust. Can someone measure their Triumph saddlebag distance on the right or 2-muffler side, from the top of the top muffler to the bottom of the bag? Maybe the distance towards the front and towards the back. Any other comments on this distance? How much space do I need to have?
Thanks,
Dave

I have Beetle Bags and Mad Dog pipes and there is about 3 inches of clearance between the top of the pipes and the bottom of the bags. This may be a little excessive, I don't think you really need that much, its just the way it worked out. If you can get an inch clearance I would think you would be OK, as long as your bags are solidly mounted and they don't tend to droop, hitting the top of the pipes. You don't need a whole lot of air space to insulate for heat... I've seen many bikes with leather bags resting right on the hot mufflers and it didn't seem to hurt them. A little space would be nice though... so it doesn't smell like roast beef when you stop :D

Got the bags on. Ended up putting them about 3 inches above the exhaust.

Attachments

• Left Side QC Tunnel.JPG
    Left Side QC Tunnel.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 291
New bags

Dave, looked like a nice clean setup. Would those bags hold a laptop (15.4 screen) and do they lock?
Thanks,
Dennis

Easy brackets

Dave, or anyone for that matter

Could you tell me whats your thoughts are about easy brackets. I'm particularly interested if they seem to be strong enough to carry the weight when riding bags full and also how well they hold the bags.
I've been thinking of ordering a set, but I need to order from US and get them shipped to Finland and I don't want to go through all that to find out they really aren't that good.
Help a sad sad fellow, whose bike is waiting for the spring in the garage:mad: , out here.

VictoryDaveAZ said:
Just got some Ledrie Rigid Back Leather Saddlebags and Easy Brackets. Was wondering how high the bags need to be above the exhaust. Can someone measure their Triumph saddlebag distance on the right or 2-muffler side, from the top of the top muffler to the bottom of the bag? Maybe the distance towards the front and towards the back. Any other comments on this distance? How much space do I need to have?
Thanks,
Dave
I have Easy Brackets on my Triumph panniers and I have them positioned so that the bottom of the bag is about 1/2-1" above the muffler. Much higher and it would interfere with the passenger.

Last edited:
matti said:
Dave, or anyone for that matter

Could you tell me whats your thoughts are about easy brackets. I'm particularly interested if they seem to be strong enough to carry the weight when riding bags full and also how well they hold the bags.
I've been thinking of ordering a set, but I need to order from US and get them shipped to Finland and I don't want to go through all that to find out they really aren't that good.
Help a sad sad fellow, whose bike is waiting for the spring in the garage:mad: , out here.

The brackets are really strong. I don't remember any weight rating. The issue is the bags and how much they are rated to carry. There is no support on the bottom of the bag like there is with the Triumph permanent mountings. This could be a problem with soft leather bags like the Triumphs. With a lot of weight, they could sag. There is also the issue of how much weight you can put on the two mounting bolts on the rear fender. I don't know what the limit is but it must be as high as the weight ratings for the bags themselves.

Back