Trumpeteer

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
I am going to head to NY this summer for a vacation. I will be heading into the Hudson Valley up by West Point and will be staying clear of the city. I will be doing this on my own so I will be throwing a leg over the Rocket and heading to the empire state from Kansas City, Missouri. I am considering on registering an IBA ride and see if I can get myself a purrrrrty certificate. The plan is to go from Kansas City to Wilkes-Barre, PA which is my original route of travel and is about 1100 miles. Here is my question to anyone that has done one of these before: How big of a deal is the witness thing? I am riding by myself and could get a witness on the start of it but who is to say I can pull over a complete stranger in Wilkes-Barre and witness a form for me with their home address???...Doing everything else on the form is a no brainer with snapping off pictures of receipts with odometer, etc. Anyways, I thought I would ask for any insight. Thanks guys!

Find a notary Public in Wilkes-Barre ahead of time and get there during business hours.
They should be able to give you some kind of proof besides a signature, I would think.

1.) Have the clerk from the first and last fuel stop sign your witness form.
2.) Keep fuel receipts and write your Odo mileage on them when you fuel up...makes filling the paperwork easier at the end.
3.) Plan on doing more miles than your odometer says. Whoever verifies your route will use Google Maps or something similar to verify the mileage and it definitely WILL NOT agree with your odometer...50 miles or so should be plenty.
4.) Submitting a link to a Spotwalla map makes things WAY easier since it tracks you along your route.

1.) Have the clerk from the first and last fuel stop sign your witness form.
2.) Keep fuel receipts and write your Odo mileage on them when you fuel up...makes filling the paperwork easier at the end.
3.) Plan on doing more miles than your odometer says. Whoever verifies your route will use Google Maps or something similar to verify the mileage and it definitely WILL NOT agree with your odometer...50 miles or so should be plenty.
4.) Submitting a link to a Spotwalla map makes things WAY easier since it tracks you along your route.

Thanks for the good advise. I plan on taking a picture of the fuel receipt next to the odometer at each fill up. I think that keeps with the nature of the integrity of the trip. To Wilks-Barre is about 1100 but then my destination is 1300 miles. I might just push it out and do it all but then I am only 200 miles short of the 1500 goal. I might incorporate that on the way back home to get two titles. The nice thing about this whole thing is that it will push me to get to NY quicker so I can have more time visiting with some good friends I haven't seen in a long time!

I know that the IBA guys have started accepting "electronic" receipts (pictures as you described) for competitive events, but I was under the impression that they still required you to submit a copy of the actual receipt for a Saddlesore cert. In any case, enjoy your ride. I've done several and it the most miserable fun you will ever have :D

Back