Olivier Delannoy

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Sorry for another newbie question: I just received some nice Viking side bags, but I cannot see a way to mount them without sacrifying the use of passenger pegs. I now know I have to go small in size if I want to preserve passenger comfort. Is there a saddlebag model which can be hard mounted on the existing fender brackets and yet still provide enough clearance for the passenger legs to the foot pegs? Thank you in advance for any pointers. Olivier

You don't have to sacrifice anything. I ran EZ brackets on large viking bags with kuryakin passenger footboards for a while

Both ghosts or E-Z brackets are quick release brackets. I guess there is no solution where brackets would move the bags rearward a bit so the access to the passenger footpegs is clear?

Moving the bags back isnt really necessary...or at least it wasn't for me. I did mount the boards "backwards". The mounts for the boards were closer to the front of the board so I switched them right to left which had the net effect of moving the boards an inch or so forward

Both ghosts or E-Z brackets are quick release brackets. I guess there is no solution where brackets would move the bags rearward a bit so the access to the passenger footpegs is clear?
depends where you put mounts on bags I have No issues with My wife on the bike behind me

depends where you put mounts on bags I have No issues with My wife on the bike behind me

What bags and mounts do you have again Hans? Also, do you have an aftermarket exhaust and if so, any issues with pipe clearance?

Back