Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Take a look at this bike, you wont see anymore of these coming off the production floor. Boss Hass has stopped production of its original 502 model. They can’t meet CA. emissions so they have a new detuned model. The last original 502 that was built was in-cased for all to see but not buy.
The one in the picture is owned by a family friend Keith who is old school motor head and after he played with it he gets 589hp on the dyno. It sounds like a hot rod when he fires it up. Tires last about 2500 miles on it and belts about 30,000. It has a two speed like the old power glides I believe he said, and at 70mph he can light the tires up and the front will never leave the ground. Matter of fact he said the front end wont come up even launching off the line. GEE wonder why with that engine weight:D BOSS HASS.jpg

I actually rode one for a bit in the mid 90's. Our dealership owned it and wanted to get it out and about to try and sell it. That one had a 350 Vette motor in it and it was just a one speed. It was a handful. It was just plain hard work to ride the thing. It had a hand clutch that I could just barely pull in maybe once or twice and then I had to use the foot clutch. Neutral was pushing in the foot clutch and sticking in a pin that was hanging off of a chain. Imagine trying to do that when you hit a red light on a hill and try to hold up a billion pound bike with one leg because you are pushing in the clutch with the other and trying to pin the thing. It handled like a pig, the square car tire and weight made it almost impossible to steer. Other than that, having the distributor right in your ****** during a rainstorm wasn't a good idea either. GM HEI packs a punch :D

Toystory

By the sounds of it they have made some changes. He is 65 and has been on bikes all his life and he loves it say's it's the best bike he’s ever owned, (I say it was his Honda CBX 1100) He did say he put a car tire on it a year ago and it almost caused him to loose it so he took it off. Said it couldn't take the turns would skip or roll not enough road contact for the beast.

A little something about Keith you old farts might find interesting, he bought a 67 chevy truck and turned it into a diesel dully.

Paul, If you want more info on the Boss Hoss bikes you can talk to my Bear when we go to ES. He has owned two of them. But not the 502. A friend of his had the 502. Right before Bear sold the second one he owned he did find a car tire that handled great around those curves. The thing he liked about those bikes is that you can walk in to any Napa Auto Parts and get parts to fix it if he is having problems on the road. I hated to see that bike go. Bear Looked Really Hot on it! But of course you guys don't care how hot my man looks. ha ha:D The bad thing about that 502 is our friend couldn't hardly pass a gas station. Also his skills were not what they should be to ride it. I think he wrecked his two or three times before he finally sold it. Two of those put him in the hospital with long recovery. But he loved the attention he got because of the bike. What is really sad is the guy that Bear sold his bike to wrecked it and then after it was repaired I think he "totaled" it. Must have been another one that should not have been riding that awesome bike. I love those bikes. Bear's was 1300 pounds wet. If I thought I could handle and afford one I would have one of the newer gal models. But my Rocket gets me plenty of attention so I don't need one.

Back