Sad but grateful...

Clay

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket III 04
Lost my Dear Dad and my first ever best mate last Thursday. Am sad to say the very least but you cannot go backwards, only forwards. I am grateful that I had this great bloke in my life for the best part of 50 years. I consider myself lucky, because alot of my mates did not have a Dad when we were at school. One reason I am posting this is, my Dad was the first motorcyclist that I ever knew. He had a Norton featherbed frame 500 when I was a kid. It had an imported modified power plant from Ol blighty. He got me project bikes when I was a young teenager like a Yamaha RD 200 electric start, then we did up a Honda 350 - 4 Supersport. He gave me safety advice, technical advice, mechanical advice and riding advice but most importantly life advice. He could not get over the R3 when I showed it to him the first time. He would have loved to have ridden it. I'm not after sympathy, have a wonderful wife and children. Just want to share about the loss of a consumate petrol head who's love for cars and bikes was only surpassed by his love for his family. I will always be in awe of what he went through in his time what he sacraficed for us. Rest in Peace Dad and RIP to all the other great Dads no longer with us. Chris

Hello Chris, I will lift my mug today and salute your dad. You have said enough to make me understand another great man has lived amongst us and gave more than he took. I will celbrate his life and love of family and be thnakful there are men like him. May you and your family have peace in this time of reflection.

Sincere condolences to you and your family. It sounds like you were very blessed with a wonderful dad, and I am sure that you passed that inheritance along to your kids.

Hello Chris, I will lift my mug today and salute your dad. You have said enough to make me understand another great man has lived amongst us and gave more than he took. I will celbrate his life and love of family and be thnakful there are men like him. May you and your family have peace in this time of reflection.
Thanks @Boog you must be a great bloke appreciate your words very much.

Back