Running rich on No. 1

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Got a bit carried away with a end of year / autumn / pre winter service clean up and ended up taking my headers off and noticed its clearly running rich on number 1 cylinder ( nearest cam chain )

any idea's ... cyl 1 .JPG cyl 2 .JPG cyl 3 .JPG I assume this is not normal ...can I investigate this further with the help of tuneecu ?

Or worse - running lean on the other cylinders as unleaded fuel engines don’t burn grey as per leaded engines used to.
If factory standard I am betting it’s running too lean.

i would like a pic of the inside of head(valves) before i bet.;)

I have a Ramair kit fitted and was thinking maybe number 1 gets starved of air under the bear claw is the idea in a air box that it gives you a reservoir of still air

not sure which is worse 1 is to rich or 2 & 3 are too lean ...I guess lean right

If the O2 sensor is connected it will force the engine to horrible EPA ( or your UK equivalent) pleasing leanness. Any tune you've added will only operate in open loop mode...once in closed loop...the emission fairies start dancing and the lean tune is played! If the #1 cylinder is normally richer, well, that's we see here.

just my opinion (so no one can give me a hard time):laugh::laugh:
when u had carbs it took a lot just to get them close so they went with computers and injectors and 02sensors. with carbs u had wasted gas going by the pistons washing the rings and contaminating eng oil.
again jmo if u eliminate the o2 sensor u might as well put a carb on it.

Back