Robiban

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 R
So i've had my rocket for 2 days now, been riding about 400 km, mostly in road mode and keeping the bike around 2k-4k rpm at all speeds across all gears. Ive been in sport mode occasionally and revved a bit higher than 4k a few times, full throttle once or twice but for a very shirt period of time.

This, because according to the manual, it is the way to ride for the first 1000km. I just want to open it up in second gear and feel all the power but dont want to risk anything. What are your take on running-in? Should i keep holding back or is it safe to "roll on" as long as the engine is warm?

Absolutely love the bike so far, its comfy enough, looks bad ass, i feel like a king riding it and it has tons of power, i can feel it even though i havent given it a proper go get :)

1000km will fly by quickly enough. Continue to exercise patience and after that first service you can rip the sh!t out of it! I did!

Touched 180kph on the weekend, wasn't even close to next gear but ran out of road.

You'll get there!
signal-2020-07-04-144431.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with the instructions in the manual and the sticker on the tank. Don't want to effect the warranty just in case.
Exactly what I was thinking.

1000km will fly by quickly enough. Continue to exercise patience and after that first service you can rip the sh!t out of it! I did!

Touched 180kph on the weekend, wasn't even close to next gear but ran out of road.

You'll get there!
Guess you're right, im so tempted though.. My dealer said first service intrval is between 800 and 1200 km so i guess it'll be closer to 800 :) Btw, nice having the Niagra falls around the corner when riding!

I ran mine in gently, per the manual, on the chance that the bike is recording running data. I didn't want any warranty risk. As for the actual necessity of a gentle run-in, Motorcyclist Magazine did an interesting break-in test:
They ran one motor in gently, replaced it with another new motor, and ran that one in as harshly as possible. They found a negligible difference in motor wear.

I’ve always broke them in as I normally ride never had an issue or warranty problem...

JJ

I ran it according to the break in recommendation at first be let it feed a little more after a few hundred miles. I did not follow all the rules.:ninja:

I have never heard of a voided warranty due to run in violations.

Back