Running Exhaust straight off headers

Kyrocket

.040 Over
Would it be possible to run a short pipe right off the headers for exhaust? Would it be ok or would you need to mod the air intake and all of that?

Fit yourself a low boost turbo right off the header - she'll be quiet as....until full throttle ;)

Ok let's start this over, now that I've gotten some advice from you guys. Here's my idea. Run open pipes off the cat to about the back axle. Is this doable without damage or loss or power?

Ok let's start this over, now that I've gotten some advice from you guys. Here's my idea. Run open pipes off the cat to about the back axle. Is this doable without damage or loss or power?
Do you know if your Cat box has actually got a cat in it some of the earlier ones had an empty cat box which just acted as an extra muffler and added restriction, if you were to run straight thru pipes off it you would still need to get it tuned.
Not sure if you would gain much except a loud exhaust and possibly a raucous one at that I also doubt it would sound much good

Skip would be an authority here. He is running straights. He also is running a Dobek so doesn't worry about re-tuning. I understand he's been doing two jobs and real busy explaining his scarcity of recent.

Back