Run what you brung / shift light

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Every year just down the road from me there's a run what you brung / Test and tune day.
Standing start 1/4 mile against the clock on a old WWII airfield runway .
They run 3/4 times a year I think its also part of a street bike drag completion.
As the name suggest you can run almost anything if nothing else its a good day out .
Now being local and a bit of a petrol head I have done this before but only in a car .
What I can confirm is its not as easy as it looks BUT I was thinking of having ago ..if you think about it the R3 is perfect for this sort of thing .
I want to fit a shift light for oblivious reasons I have tried a couple in the past with little success they don't appear to work on a triple's so well .

So has anyone ever fitted a one that worked ?

I don't want to fit a huge tach with a light just want a light like the 2nd gen V max 1700 has standard

I have not tried this yet, but have been thinking about running my Tune ECU cable under the tank and use the tach on Tune ECU.
I am not planning on using it a lot. I would just like a visual on what my ears are hearing.
The engine on the Rocket is so different to the ear.

Anyone have any input on this?

I have not tried this yet, but have been thinking about running my Tune ECU cable under the tank and use the tach on Tune ECU.
I am not planning on using it a lot. I would just like a visual on what my ears are hearing.
The engine on the Rocket is so different to the ear.

Anyone have any input on this?
You mean run tecu on smart phone for or tablet and mount on the bike .............interesting very interesting

Do you use the signal from the ecu to the tach or straight from the coil ?
I actually drive it from an external device so it acts more like a Speedo. But I would run it off the coil.
I have a PCV with POD300 display and I'm struck by the fact it can differ a bit from the OEM tacho.
The PCV uses the injector signal.
Now whether this is because the tacho is also optimistic or something else I don't know.

My experience of the support offered by the mfr is very positive. I asked a couple of complex-ish "Whilst not usual could it?" questions and got full disclosure type replies.

You mean run tecu on smart phone for or tablet and mount on the bike .............interesting very interesting

Yes I already have a USB cable on the handlebars so I figure I can run Tune ECU on my smart phone. I would just like to run one for a reference so I know the sound of the engine.

Back