For Sale Royal Enfield Bullet 500 for sale

idk

Living Legend
Ride
BMW R1200C
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. . .
This bike is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the RIII, but it has been a fun bike to ride. I have enjoyed it, but time for me to move on.

This classic Royal Enfield G5 Bullet in original Military Green is the same model which has been made since 1938. As it is a genuine original it gathers attention wherever it goes. However, with the advantages of modern technology such as disk brakes up front, fuel injection, a 5-speed transmission, and electric starter along with the kick starter, you will ride comfortably knowing that it always starts and won't let you down.

The 500cc thumper engine runs smoothly and it loves riding the country roads, cruising happily up to 65mph. If you want to take long trips on the Interstate then it may not be the bike for you. If you want to ride comfortably and have lots of people taking pictures of your bike, then it is probably the bike for you. It has new tires and has just been serviced. I am advertising it at $2,295, but I am quite willing to talk, especially with members from this forum. It has 16,300 miles and is a 2009 model.
EnfieldBullet1S.jpg

EnfieldBullet2S.jpg

EnfieldBullet3S.jpg

Last edited:
Great fun back road bike and a great homage to the original!

1624323886470.png

Put an Indian badge on it and it will sell real quick in the USA as a retro WWII Indian Scout! ;) :roll::roll:
@RKTNMYPKT would even jump on a train to come get it.

When I rode with a few social bike clubs in Darwin NT during the 80's and 90's, we had a bloke with a real running one of these WWII Indian Scouts that he took out on week-end rides with us louts on our modern 80's machines. It was a bit slower but he always got there and back which surprised most of us!

1624323398523.png

This image, which was originally posted to Flickr, was uploaded to Commons using Flickr upload bot on 29 July 2008, 14:08 by Quatro Valvole. On that date, it was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the license indicated.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they started selling them as re-branded Indian Indians like they did in the past as British Indians. ;) :cool:

1624322123592.png

ABOVE: This 1956 Indian Trailblazer was actually a Royal Enfield Meteor-style 700cc twin, imported to the US by Indian and rebadged as an Indian Motorcycle. Note the Indian Head lighted mascot on the front fender.
INDIAN ENFIELDS & ENFIELD INDIANS
Another interesting twist is how Indian Motorcycles rebadged them as Indians and sold them in the US market. Interesting story. Indian had itself changed hands during WWII & after the war, the new owners wanted to get out of the heavy V-twin market and embrace the ‘new wave’ of bikes pouring in from Britain. They had tried unsuccessfully to lobby the US government to impose heavy tariffs and limits on British imports. When that failed, they decided that if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Indian squandered their dwindling resources on trying to build their own vertical twin on the British mold, but failed miserably. So, they became the exclusive US importers for Royal Enfield Motorcycles in 1953, which they promptly painted bright red and slapped Indian logos onto. And gave them very odd names like ‘Indian Chief’, ‘Tomohawk’ and ‘Hounds Fire Arrow’. Indian Motorcycles had thrown all its eggs into the Royal Enfield basket when it ended decades of production of its own V-twin. Unfortunately, the rebadged ‘Enfield Indians’ didn’t well well and so the marketing agreement was cancelled in 1960, at which point Royal Enfield Motorcycles became available in the US under their own name.

So, another oddity is that there are then “Indian Enfields” & “Enfield Indians”

Last edited:
Be interesting to know the year and mileage . Too bad I'm in NY and already have too much stuff to move to Florida, I'm kind of looking for a smaller bike for all the gravel roads at my place in Florida. Pretty scary hitting dry sand on an 870 lb bike. 😬😬

Be interesting to know the year and mileage . Too bad I'm in NY and already have too much stuff to move to Florida, I'm kind of looking for a smaller bike for all the gravel roads at my place in Florida. Pretty scary hitting dry sand on an 870 lb bike. 😬😬
A billion Indians have figured that out for the past 80 years!

Sorry, I will edit the original post, but 2009 model year and approx 16,300 miles.

Back