Rockets in South Lake Tahoe today....

Ugarte

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Rode Sonora pass today, always a spectacular ride and today was no exception, stopped for gas in South Lake Tahoe at a Chevron at about 3:30 pm and saw a couple of Rockets there along with a v-rod. Was going to go over shoot the bull but they left before I could get over there. So if you Rocketeers are on this board let me know.

Got hailed on a couple of times during the ride. Hail is one of those weather events that makes me so glad I ride with a full face helmet and shield. As I left the gas station a group of about 10 bikes left before me, and in a few miles we got hailed on, they all pulled over because apparently it just got too painful for some in the group.

Rain hurts but hail is torture without a face shield. You might as well have someone fire bb's at your face.

I really like the the Avon tires but dang they are slippery. I have never had so many rear wheel slide outs as with the Avons. Nothing serious, just enough of a slide to sphincter your pucker. Are they really worth the extra mileage you get out of them? Hmmmmm.......

Oops, sorry for putting this in the wrong section.

I wasn't up that high today, but I am not surprised the weather got a little weird. I was down on 49 riding from Sonora to Plymouth and got some light rain, but no hail.

Cool that you saw some other Rockets. I have had mine for three years and have never seen another on the road.

Including the two I saw yesterday, I have seen about 5 Rockets in my travels since I bought mine 5 years ago. Feels good to ride such a unique bike.

49 is always a fun ride but usually in the summer it is unbearably hot. Fortunately this summer, due to global warming, the weather is much cooler.

Yup, that was me and three other guys out of Sacramento. Two of us on R3's, one on the Vrod and one on an EGlide. I remember seeing you fill up. We were on the way home from a loop into Nevada. :)

Got hailed on and rained on over the summit going home. :rolleyes:

Yup, that was me and three other guys out of Sacramento. Two of us on R3's, one on the Vrod and one on an EGlide. I remember seeing you fill up. We were on the way home from a loop into Nevada. :)

Got hailed on and rained on over the summit going home. :rolleyes:

Cool! I didn't see the Rockets until I got into the store, just the vrod. It was a great day to ride the Sierras despite the occasional hail and rain. Good to see other Rockets on the road.

Gas was a rip-off though, $3.55 a gallon at that station.....ouch!

Back