Rockets Across America V – Spring Launch

scowherd

Top Fuel
Rockets Across America V – Spring Launch – May 14th – 17h - East Region

I would like to nail down the location for the spring gathering by the 2nd week of January. I know this is short notice but in order to make this a great event for the membership time is needed to plan. The 2 locations I have come up with so far are a return visit to Maggie Valley (same format new routes) or Eastern Kentucky (Red River gorge / Venom trails). I am open to additional suggestions but would like us to make a decision ASAP to allow time to visit the area and coordinate food lodging and scope out the riding routes.

Last edited:
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you guys as of yet but plan on meeting alot of you this coming year.
If any of you have ever had the chance to ride the hills and roads in Arkansas, the western and middle section of AR. is some of the best riding in the country. And Eureka Springs, AR. is a tourist community with tons of lodging and restaurants and did I mention the never ending roads. This is one of the reasons that they hold Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayettville every year. If you ever get the chance to get to this area, do yourself a favor and spend a couple of days and you won't regret it. It is also located in the central part of the country and us folks west of the Mississippi can have a better chance of making it to one of these get togethers. Just a suggestion.
You can look up the Pigs Trial or the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks on line. This gives you a little insight into the area but these trails are by no means the best they have to offer. Some of the best roads you have to search out or have somebody tell you about them. We have been going over every year for the last four years and always find new and better roads to ride.
So if you are into spending 8 hours a day or more in the saddle riding some of the best roads in the country, you really need to look at this part of the country.
I have talked to a bunch of riders from all over the country that have ridden all over the country and they all have said that there isn't any better riding in the country than this area. And whats really nice is these roads aren't covered up with traffic either.
Check it out.

Terry

Hey Steve, I wanted to place a vote for either place. I think that Easter KY will be closer to home for me so I will lean in that direction. What ever is decided is OK by me. As of yet I don't have that Friday the 14th off work yet. My team leader has that day, but she said that she would trade me for it, just not yet. She wants me to do numerous favors for her in the meantime. Once I have the day allotted to me, she can't hang it over my head.
Dave

and as stb said either one will work for us
skip u aint gonna use the tbs excuse agin r u:eek::D

Back