TRath

Supercharged
Ride
'09 RIII Classic Custom, '82 GL500 Café, '82 CBX
OK, more like a Rocket submarine. Last night I got caught out when Calgary was hit by a massive thunderstorm that flooded half the city. A lot of that half was between me and home. A smart man would have found a place to hunker down and wait it out, but I'm stubborn and I wanted to go home.
In a few places I was about knee deep barrelling through the shallowest crossings I could find, and I must say, the beast took it all in stride. Water almost up to the tank and not one stutter, cough, or complaint.
Fired her up this morning just to check and she turned over happy as could be.

Man, I love this bike! :D

I was rewarded for my triumphant ride home with the brightest rainbow I've ever seen. (Either that, or we were shot by a giant laser from space)

Attachments

• 272188_10150328300436113_639596112_9909566_4503492_o.jpg
    272188_10150328300436113_639596112_9909566_4503492_o.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 103
Thats great to hear !
Just to be on the safe side I personally would take a couple paper towels and make sure your spark plug depressions on your cam cover are dry ive heard horror stories about pressure washing rockets and water puddling up on the cover and causing problems .
I know you didnt pressure wash it but if you were that deep in water better to be safe than sorry
Jm2cw

(Either that, or we were shot by a giant laser from space)

Better wrap your whole bike and yourself in aluminium foil.
Your headpiece should be double layered and shaped like a cone.

Protect other areas from probes ( sensitive ones I mean - I'm trying to be delicate here c'mon! ) .

OK, more like a Rocket submarine. Last night I got caught out when Calgary was hit by a massive thunderstorm that flooded half the city. A lot of that half was between me and home. A smart man would have found a place to hunker down and wait it out, but I'm stubborn and I wanted to go home.
In a few places I was about knee deep barrelling through the shallowest crossings I could find, and I must say, the beast took it all in stride. Water almost up to the tank and not one stutter, cough, or complaint.
Fired her up this morning just to check and she turned over happy as could be.

Man, I love this bike! :D

I was rewarded for my triumphant ride home with the brightest rainbow I've ever seen. (Either that, or we were shot by a giant laser from space)

I like your testicle fortitude!!:D

WOW that is a cool pic!
Thanks for sharing :)
Glad u and the bike made it home safely!
<3 Dustyrose <3 (via Android App Tapatalk)

I bet you wonder what it is about men driving through water. LOL!!

Nah....got that one figured out.....its called lack of better judgement.....I just haven't figured out why women allow them leed... :rolleyes:

<3 Dustyrose <3 (via Android App Tapatalk)

Somehow I figure that was aimed at me hon......
Lack of better judgement?
Naw, it's a "man against nature" thang...
Neither rain nor sleet nor dark of night will
keep us from going in the direction we want to go..
Or even a flooded creek or city..
It's a testosterone thing......

Back