Rocket3R engine shuts off low speed rolling

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hello,
I have penner map flashed.
I have ridden 800km on new penner map.
After 800KM RIDE ON PENNER MAP I have noticed 3 times in city/parking lot ride that while I am doing low speed ride roll/move/ride in parking lot or road in 1 or 2 or 3rd gear or while changing gear. The engine just shuts off completely but dash is on. I am sure its not because I am leaving clutch too early and then its turning off with a jerk, its just rolling freely and turns off.

I can not repeat this engine turning OFF behavior while riding as its not happening all the time.

I am not sure if its related to map or something else is going on? I also have quick shifter installed.

How do one diagnose such issue, I have OBD2 scanner and Tuneecu app if that can be of any use for diagnose.

ONLY 3 THINGS CHANGED SINCE THIS STARTED HAPPENING, IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THESE 3 CHANGES WERE MADE IN ROCKET

1 NEW QUICK SHIFTER
2 PENNER MAP

3 NEW REPLACEMENT INSTRUMENT DASH BY TRIUMPH

Thankyou

@Penner Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Used to happen every now and then when slowing to a stop light. Hasn't happened in some time. I do not know how to make it happen. It seems like the fuel pump just quits, the bike starves, and then I restart it without issue.

That's been my experience. Just finished a 6500km trip and it didn't happen during that trip. But did occur earlier in the season (but not since last service so maybe they updated something?).

Used to happen every now and then when slowing to a stop light. Hasn't happened in some time. I do not know how to make it happen. It seems like the fuel pump just quits, the bike starves, and then I restart it without issue.

That's been my experience. Just finished a 6500km trip and it didn't happen during that trip. But did occur earlier in the season (but not since last service so maybe they updated something?).
When was your last service? I got my annual service in early July and they did an ECU update (along with an update to the BT module), so maybe is was a fix?

Possibly you've damaged your clutch engagement switch while washing the bike. It's the flimsy little metal tab near the pivot point of your clutch lever. Others have reported similar intermittent stalling issues when they pull in the clutch because the ECU doesn't detect that and adjust fueling accordingly near idle. If yours looks bent or misshapen, you may need a new switch.

Depending on the kind of damage.... if the bike starts without the clutch pulled in then you have a particular issue with the switch. With this issue the bike always thinks that the clutch lever is pulled in. In that case, your gas gauge will also stop working- what? Yeah, that switch and the ECU control a lot of aspects of the bike.

Possibly you've damaged your clutch engagement switch while washing the bike. It's the flimsy little metal tab near the pivot point of your clutch lever. Others have reported similar intermittent stalling issues when they pull in the clutch because the ECU doesn't detect that and adjust fueling accordingly near idle. If yours looks bent or misshapen, you may need a new switch.
yes i did wash it recently before this happened for first time so perhaps its switch. i will see if its clutch or side/kick stand switch. I had problem with heated grip switch couple months ago but i was able to fix it by myself so that I dont need to go dealer 400km ( saved a trip )

Depending on the kind of damage.... if the bike starts without the clutch pulled in then you have a particular issue with the switch. With this issue the bike always thinks that the clutch lever is pulled in. In that case, your gas gauge will also stop working- what? Yeah, that switch and the ECU control a lot of aspects of the bike.
For now the bike is starting with normal clutch switch behavior. I havent noticed that but I will check again to see if its starts without clutch pulled in.

@Tal @Planet3 @dougl @Crasher @Penner

Can someone please help me, yesterday it happened again when i was approaching red and i was downshifting and i pulled clutch towards me and all of sudden BIKE LOST POWER from everywhere, i was at 39kmph/gear3 coming to red light stop.

Mine did it on occasions and I couldn't figure it out. It always happened when I came to a stop sign or red light and down shifted and then at around 05 mph with clutch pulled in it would just die. It has happened maybe 10 times in 13 months although it hasn't happened lately maybe 6 months stall free. The difference is now when I come to a Red light/stop sign I don't 'rap' or rev the engine slightly as I down shift. I just keep the throttle disengaged and down shift. Since I don't 'throttle up' when I'm slowing it hasn't happened. Maybe a coincident but I do believe it had something to do with it. I also went to mid grade gas from always using supreme but I don't think that was it but who knows. :thumbsup:

Back