albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
wow!!! been away for a few months and hardly recognize the format ...another learning curve. so ..... I was trying to buy a damaged 2020 TFC YOU MAY HAVE SEEN IT ON SALVAGEBID it did not look too bad just cosmetic mostly got an inspection done that confirmed my view of the bike so proceeded to buy in the bidding process well!! it is a bit unusual first you pay a membership $200 then if you are a individual you have to get a broker to bid for you $200 then you can only buy one vehicle for $3000 max unless you upgrade ..another $ 200 and then you have to deposit 10% of your intended maximum bidding total . I ran out of breath fairly quickly so I stepped back lost $400 ( basic+ inspection) and watch the 2020 TFC already at $ 18500 when I closed the computer .
all this rigamarole for naught so tuesday morning I go to my local triumph dealer ( they are expecting me) and buy a regular 2021 R3 GT silver pay the taxman and ride again life's too short.
thanks steve but was too much hassle and did not want to pay nearly $20 000 for a salvage... already bought some parts from powerbronze for the new one to be installed !!!!!

AWESOME!!... Now Ride... Ride... then RIDE some more Rocket Captain :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

I hope you enjoy the new bike. Please do follow up with your assessment of the new bike and how you think it compares to your old one.
so far I am amazed this rig is so nimble I can remember pushing harder with the old one,but this new chassis is phenomenal if I did not know any better I would swear I am riding a 500cc lightweight , amazing . but on the flip side I will have to learn all the gadgetry from this TFT gauge business really !! if I wanted all this computer's stuff i would have bought another puter, but triumph is following in the same steps as all other manufacturers when it comes to appealing to the newer generation and their needs to be connected . me I just want to ride feel the bike be one with the road . my cell phone is somewhere in a bag .
for fun and pain I also sat on the new goldwing the one without the trunk . looked nice but holy water... have you seen the gauges . on this star ship .
back on the rocket I also tried the front brakes brembo I hear.. I hit the lever mildly and squeezed harder from about 60 mph holly s...t stopping power is on another dimension from the old rocket ..all in all this rocket is a real gem not sure if the GT will be better than the R anyway no regrets at all and glad I bought the rocket3 GT as my last ride..

Back