Rocket X needs to be louder

Rocket Xtreme

"Hearses don't have Hitches"
Ride
Rocket X 87/500
I have spent a lot of time reading old threads and I haven't yet found a way to get my X louder. It is a 2015 and I love the long matte black pipes so after talking to every supplier in the UK and US I have been told what I want is part number A9608144, i am told "yes they are louder and would be considered a Stage One exhaust".

What is a stage one exhaust?

So can anyone tell me are they louder, same length as stock and flat or matte black? it's 500 bucks or more so I want to be sure before popping for the cash.

The only other option is to mess with the catbox but I can't find a decat or bypass pipe available anywhere.

This "stage 1" sounds Harley to me; but, I assume it refers to air and exhaust improvements.
In our cases, that would mean triple K&Ns (or similar) with TORs (or better). These changes shall require an improved tune via a good dyno tuner or a canned tune installation through Tune ECU.
The very BEST tuner around the NW is Nels Byersdorf, located in Woodinville.
FYI - Several of us are going there on August 13th for dynos if you are interested.

This "stage 1" sounds Harley to me; but, I assume it refers to air and exhaust improvements.
In our cases, that would mean triple K&Ns (or similar) with TORs (or better). These changes shall require an improved tune via a good dyno tuner or a canned tune installation through Tune ECU.
The very BEST tuner around the NW is Nels Byersdorf, located in Woodinville.
FYI - Several of us are going there on August 13th for dynos if you are interested.

Awesome info thanks much!, I just looked him up. I doubt all my parts will be in state by then so I'll have to miss the 13th. Do they do more then tune, in other words do they wrench as well? I need to get over the mountain soon to get the wife to test drive a HD trike and a Can-am, she needs to get off the back of my bike.

A9608144 Looks like they are standard silencers in black. Sounds like you need to enquire for the TORS (Triumph Off Road Silencers) they do not have the catalytic converter in them. You can get a roadster cross over pipe that just eliminates the empty box between the silencers.

A9608144 Looks like they are standard silencers in black. Sounds like you need to enquire for the TORS (Triumph Off Road Silencers) they do not have the catalytic converter in them. You can get a roadster cross over pipe that just eliminates the empty box between the silencers.
Isn't the X model a Roadster? I would think that it has the Roadster crossover pipe rather than the box like the older models. I'd check before ordering a part you may not need.

I have spent a lot of time reading old threads and I haven't yet found a way to get my X louder. It is a 2015 and I love the long matte black pipes so after talking to every supplier in the UK and US I have been told what I want is part number A9608144, i am told "yes they are louder and would be considered a Stage One exhaust".

What is a stage one exhaust?

So can anyone tell me are they louder, same length as stock and flat or matte black? it's 500 bucks or more so I want to be sure before popping for the cash.

The only other option is to mess with the catbox but I can't find a decat or bypass pipe available anywhere.

I ordered a crossover pipe from this shop in Qlds, Australia to replace the stock collector box.
http://www.motorcycleexhaustprofessionals.com.au/contact-us/

Awesome info thanks much!, I just looked him up. I doubt all my parts will be in state by then so I'll have to miss the 13th. Do they do more then tune, in other words do they wrench as well? I need to get over the mountain soon to get the wife to test drive a HD trike and a Can-am, she needs to get off the back of my bike.

Not sure what parts you be speaking of, but you should mount up the K&Ns and CES headers first. :thumbsup:
I did the K&Ns and TORs with a canned tune for a year and twas a good, very noticible improvement.
The addition of the CES AND a professional dyno tune with Tune ECU from Nels at least doubled that first improvement!
Check out that new Sidewinder! A good friend of mine (and wife) just went from their Harley trike to one and they LOVE it!
I am thinking of one as I prefer the wife to be in/on the same vehicle with me when we travel together and NOT on a motor of her own.
Of course we be old and I just can't see her operating a trike (non car) on her own.

That's the part number for black TORS. You'd be nuts not to go for them. They're available in Australia and only 20 "X"s here. Should be plentiful in the US. Cost is $805 here; an absolute bargain.

Isn't the X model a Roadster? I would think that it has the Roadster crossover pipe rather than the box like the older models. I'd check before ordering a part you may not need.
Yes it is. and the original X over pipe has the empty chamber in it.

Pic of my X over pipe when I took it out of my Roadster.

20130523_110303.jpg

Back