Rocket X Mods.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Hello. We have been reading a lot of info on this forum and other forums about people who bought the Rocket X and modified the bike . That is ok I guess to each his own. I even read about a guy who I guess plans on removing the painted gas tank and fenders to save them for the future . Really? Ten years ago I went to Performance Cycle in Oklahoma City to buy a bonnie. The salesman tried to sell me a Rocket but at the time I was not impressed with it at all. One afternoon on the weekend we decided to check out the Triumph website. We clicked on Vid Of the Rocket X and knew right then that was it. Wife finally said ok about two months ago. Last month we bought one out of Dallas Ft Worth area. Number 74. Never been a fan of blacked out motorcycles but something about the Way Triumph looks just sends chills up my spine every time I look at it, (even now). Yes it is only a paint job and some blacked out parts that you pay extra for but well worth it in my opinion. I have always modified every bike that we have owned for one reason or the other. The Rocket X will be the first bike that gets no mods at all. **** I even like the way the exhaust sounds stock. After riding a modified harley for the last five years it is nice to be able to hear everything around you again while riding. I did change out the bulbs on the headlights and the back seat was removed at the dealership. The wife knows me all to well and says we go for a ride we take the Harley. I have been riding motorcycles since 1975 and have never experience anything like the Rocket. Performance,handling, and overall appearance of the bike is amazing. Why mesh with perfection? Of course this is just my opinion but thought I would throw it out there anyways.

Hello. We have been reading a lot of info on this forum and other forums about people who bought the Rocket X and modified the bike . That is ok I guess to each his own. I even read about a guy who I guess plans on removing the painted gas tank and fenders to save them for the future . Really? Ten years ago I went to Performance Cycle in Oklahoma City to buy a bonnie. The salesman tried to sell me a Rocket but at the time I was not impressed with it at all. One afternoon on the weekend we decided to check out the Triumph website. We clicked on Vid Of the Rocket X and knew right then that was it. Wife finally said ok about two months ago. Last month we bought one out of Dallas Ft Worth area. Number 74. Never been a fan of blacked out motorcycles but something about the Way Triumph looks just sends chills up my spine every time I look at it, (even now). Yes it is only a paint job and some blacked out parts that you pay extra for but well worth it in my opinion. I have always modified every bike that we have owned for one reason or the other. The Rocket X will be the first bike that gets no mods at all. **** I even like the way the exhaust sounds stock. After riding a modified harley for the last five years it is nice to be able to hear everything around you again while riding. I did change out the bulbs on the headlights and the back seat was removed at the dealership. The wife knows me all to well and says we go for a ride we take the Harley. I have been riding motorcycles since 1975 and have never experience anything like the Rocket. Performance,handling, and overall appearance of the bike is amazing. Why mesh with perfection? Of course this is just my opinion but thought I would throw it out there anyways.

That's funny I live in Dallas and went and bought my X in OKC. Anyways, I agree, my X will have minimal mods. I've changed out the headlight bulbs as well, installed clear turn signal lenses and I do have the TORs ordered, but that'll be the extent of the mods most likely.

Hello from #51!

Well done to both of you. Confirmation yet again of the joy of Rocket ownership

Maybe so but after the key goes to the on position maybe not. Nice dig but we did not really bite the bait on that one.

Back