Rocket won't run help

actcool

.020 Over
Hi,
Am new to this, looking for some help with my 2005 rocket iii. Don't really know where to go on this sight for help, or where to post it. so hear it goes.

Put the bike away for storage about a year ago and it sat inside for some time, tank full added stabilz, last time it started and ran was 5 months ago but still old gas. was ok at that time never had a problem with this bike before. when I tried to start it 2 weeks ago, I let it idle a little rough warmed up then died could not start. flushed bad gas from system several times pulled fuel pump filter clean added new hoses, cut old ones up to to see if maybe they were bad abut were all ok. sprayed carb cleaner directly in fuel hose pressure side several times to clean injectors..
has fresh battery, disconnected headlights to be sure of proper voltage. Can hear fuel pump run on start up ok. but now will only start when I spray starter fluid, and then will idle and rev-up ok but once I stop, idle very rough for a-few seconds then die. Or if I try to rev can keep it going but has no power at all.
When it was still in warranty got a recall on the bike to reprogram it It was running so well I never bothered. besides Triumph dealer 200 miles away. I ordered a cable to help read the ECU and plan on looking at the fault codes. Could my ECU have gotten corrupted?? Plan on downloading Tuneecu Am I going in the right direction, Whats deal with the ignition switch should I relocate it and why.
All life stops when your bikes down, please, can some one help me.

Thanks
John
ACTCOOL

When it was still in warranty got a recall on the bike to reprogram it It was running so well I never bothered. besides Triumph dealer 200 miles away. All life stops your bikes down, please, can some one help me.

It can be a hassel getting to a dealer but recalls are free....;)
I had the same problem awhile back check to see if your "regulator-rectifier" is loose.

Could it be a multi connector pin corroded or a bad connection or a vaccum hose leaking, all found under the tank ?

Do you have TuneECU to run the diagnostics checks on ancillaries ?

Change your plugs.......even if they look alright......sounds like they are fouled up.
Can happen when restarting after sitting for a while.....plus stabil can foul them up as well....seems to be hit and miss but I would start there

mutt

Back