netvolly

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket Classic
Does anyone know what accessories available for the GT/R are compatible with the TFC? I would like to be able to use the seat with backrest and bags. Are the TFC foot pegs adjustable forward/back like the GT or up/down like the R.

I have a TFC on order and main concern I have is the ability to use it for touring, and would need to be able to attach bags, and would really like to have the passenger back rest. I like the upgrades that the TFC brings to the table, but if I can add nothing else, I will likely switch to the GT.

Does anyone know what accessories available for the GT/R are compatible with the TFC? I would like to be able to use the seat with backrest and bags. Are the TFC foot pegs adjustable forward/back like the GT or up/down like the R.

I have a TFC on order and main concern I have is the ability to use it for touring, and would need to be able to attach bags, and would really like to have the passenger back rest. I like the upgrades that the TFC brings to the table, but if I can add nothing else, I will likely switch to the GT.

Why keep the TFC on order? When the TFC was announced it was unique and a production model was only a "possibility". Now that there is a production model, I dont see the allure of paying all that extra money for a TFC. Arrow will most certainly sell the exhaust as an aftermarket piece and all the trim bits and bobs cant possibly make it worth that much more money carbon or not. As far as the "limited edition value" appeal goes; ask yourself if a Model X, also limited and numbered, is worth any more than a roadster of similar year and condition on the used market a mere 3 years later?

I had my name down for a TFC but quickly did a deal with the dealer for my deposit when the GT was announced.

I'm guessing the accessories for the GT and R should fit the TFC the way the Roadster and X are. Having said that, from what I've read, the TFC parts/accessories cannot be purchased for the production models. You will have to have the TFC serial number before any part can be purchased.

One interesting item is that the TFC is listed at 182PS or 180HP. The production models are only listed at 165HP.

I'm guessing the accessories for the GT and R should fit the TFC the way the Roadster and X are. Having said that, from what I've read, the TFC parts/accessories cannot be purchased for the production models. You will have to have the TFC serial number before any part can be purchased.

One interesting item is that the TFC is listed at 182PS or 180HP. The production models are only listed at 165HP.

My guess is that the arrow exhaust accounts for a chunk of that along with a matching MAP

That was another question. Is the difference the arrow exhaust or that the TFC is Euro 4 and the R/GT are Euro 5. In the case for both bikes I would imagine for those people who do not have stringent emissions controls a completely different exhaust and remap may completely change the numbers. That Is where I was thinking that the mass produced version may be the better target if a free flowing exhaust is the best performance option.

That was another question. Is the difference the arrow exhaust or that the TFC is Euro 4 and the R/GT are Euro 5. In the case for both bikes I would imagine for those people who do not have stringent emissions controls a completely different exhaust and remap may completely change the numbers. That Is where I was thinking that the mass produced version may be the better target if a free flowing exhaust is the best performance option.

Do we even know whether or not Triumph is locking down the ECU on these bikes like they have some of the others. If it is locked and you can't get into it you may as well be pissing into the wind with any performance mods. Without the remap mods become moot.

bob

Do we even know whether or not Triumph is locking down the ECU on these bikes like they have some of the others. If it is locked and you can't get into it you may as well be pissing into the wind with any performance mods. Without the remap mods become moot.

bob

There is a whole industry around manufacturing piggy back devices that need no access to the cpu... and a large number of dyno shops already use and know how to tune them

Back