Rocket speed / RPM

Rocket65

Supercharged
Was noticing that my speed at 2000 rpm is about 43/44 mph in 4th and about 53/54 in 5th. What do you guys show at 6500 rpm in different gears with a stock bike?

Your real speed in top gear is about 25mph/1,000rpm. Your speedometer, as set from the factory, is a tad optimistic. It can be adjusted with TuneECU or TuneBoy, but then your odometer will be a little shy.

SPOT ON 40kmh per 1000rpm in 5th, indicated. A tad slower on GPS. 4000rpm is therefore almost 100mph.

At 6500 in 4th or 5th for any length of time, I'd suggest you'll be seeing flashing blue lights and a disappearing licence.

4th and 5th gear speeds only obtainable when riding in a vacuum. :roll:

errr, unless you're Warp maybe :laugh:
wanna bet? I accidentally (honest officer) hit 200kph today (GPS) And I really wasn't trying. All these intake mods have really opened up Pandora's box.

For god's sake - Somebody come out with a Diesel conversion before I get nicked. It's addictive.

80 mph at 3000 rpm in 5th (my speedo has been corrected) so that would be 160 at 6000, but I doubt it will pull that much rpm in 5th, stock, that is. I have seen 120/130. That's as far as my gonads will allow! The slight "pre tank slapper" wobble when crossing the center lines is quite an ass puckerer. :eek:

3000 rpms in 5th gear will be 79.8 mph. 6500 rpms in fifth will be 172.9 just a wee bit above 7700 rpms in with a little wind resistance is 205 mph no wbble but kind of exciting :) In fact I found it hard to sit down and relax for a little while. Fortunatley I had to spend time putting my windshield and bags back on the bike whilst listing to the head of the war department complain about how fast i went by her on the highway. Something she said about a hard headed stubborn dumb arse Polock but I think her adrenalin was pumping :D

Back